cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Internet Activation Delayed

h1lsmis
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 14 of 14

Why do I have to continue to wait beyond my activation date for Fibre? Talktalk blame Openreach. 

Was meant to be activated on the 28th July, now I'm being told we won't have an update until 2nd August at the earliest, and that is no guarantee of activation. 

I can see how this is going, it's going to be delay after delay and last weeks on end with TalkTalk blaming Openreach. Unacceptable when my partner is a key worker and requires connection to work from home. I placed this order over 3 weeks ago to ensure we had connection.

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hello,

Please can you create your own topic and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

subhash06
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 14

Hi just seen this post as I have been googling to see if other people have had issues. Your post is legit what has happened to me. It’s been over a week since mine was installed. Not able to activate, CS said it’s the engineer needs to close job, engineer said can’t close job until it is active. Another engineer came out today, confirmed everything is working well and excellent values when he’s checked it all. It’s an issue at the office level - that the activation system cannot find the router like you said. How long did it take yours to be sorted?? I’m starting to loose hope 😕 I’ve rung them every day to chase it bc I work from home too and they are really really dismissive!! Thanks 🙂

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Hi h1lsmis,

I'm sorry about this, I can see that Openreach are still investigating and a review date is set for  the 8th. If you don't hear anything before hand can you bump the thread on the 8th and we'll check for updates

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

h1lsmis
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 4 of 14

h1lsmis_0-1691139897736.png

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

That’s semi understandable as the infrastructure in this country is practically held ransom by Openreach, however I placed this order well in advance and can see this being dragged on and on. 

Activation on an FTTP line should be relatively straight forward especially as previous occupant had a connection. It makes no sense why it’s taking this long. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

There is only so much Talktalk can do as Openreach provide the infrastructure, @h1lsmis. They are not trying to pass on the blame. 

I'll re-escalate this for you as it has been a while since staff were in touch.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

h1lsmis
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 7 of 14

Now a week delayed with no end in sight. Next update on Wednesday.

Told time after time the issue is with Openreach, passing on the blame. 

I can see another week of no internet in sight with my partner losing money by not having a stable connection from home.

It truly seems that the bigger the company, the poorer the service. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

Thanks for that. I've sent you a PM to confirm some details so that we can look into this further

Chris

0 Likes

h1lsmis
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 9 of 14

Updated the notes now to reflect the phone number shown when I log into my TalkTalk account, hope that helps.

0 Likes

h1lsmis
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 10 of 14

I've updated with an acct no. - really struggling to find the order no. - where could I find this? 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

Do you have an order number? If you do could you add it to the private notes section of your community profile

Chris

0 Likes

h1lsmis
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 12 of 14

I only have one phone number, which is now added to my profile along with my name 

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 13 of 14

Hi h1lsmis,

I'm sorry to hear that your order has been delayed, can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris