cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Non TalkTalk router setup

TWH0857
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 41 of 41

How difficult is it to configure a non talktalk router and where can I locate the necessary information on my talktalk router as I am considering purchasing my own router? I currently have an HG633 and I am now on Fibre 65 but I keep getting Internet disconnected. Have raised this with TalkTalk and requested a new router. BT Openreach have been a replaced external wiring but I am still getting disconnected

0 Likes
40 REPLIES 40

Message 1 of 41

Hi TWH0857,

The line management system (DLM) is capping the speed but hopefully DLM will move you to a faster profile if there's any improvement following the engineer visit

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 41

Hi Chris and other TalkTalk people,

Due to the results of a speed test  ran yesterday I have had the open reach team visit again. I was advised yesterday that my Fibre 65 contract guarantees a download speed of 49mb and I was only getting 42 mb.

Todays visit has concluded that my download speed is being capped at 44mb so I am really struggling now as to what is going on .

When I look at  the package for Fibre 65 it states that it comes with the Wifi Hub router. I have been on Fibre 65 since August 2023 and only recently received a Wifi Hub router and am unable to obtain the gauranteed download speed......

0 Likes

Message 3 of 41

OK thanks, just let us know if you experience any further problems

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 41

Hi Chris

Service appears to be holding up. Hopefully it will continue!!!!!

0 Likes

Message 5 of 41

Hi TWH0857,

It's me again, how are you getting on? 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 41
0 Likes

Message 7 of 41

Yes please

0 Likes

Message 8 of 41

Do you want to give it a couple more days and I'll check in again on Friday?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 41

Good morning @Chris-TalkTalk ,

reasonably stable but I haven't been online too much  in the last 2 days !

0 Likes

Message 10 of 41

Hi TWH0857,

How are you getting on, how has it been over the last couple of days?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 11 of 41

OK, I'll catch up with you on Wednesday 🙂

0 Likes

Message 12 of 41

That sounds like an excellent plan

0 Likes

Message 13 of 41

OK thanks. Could we see how it goes over the next couple of days and I'll check in with you again on Wednesday

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 41

Good morning @Chris-TalkTalk , it has been much better with far fewer breaks in connectivity but there were a couple last night

0 Likes

Message 15 of 41

Hi TWH0857,

How has it been since Friday?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 16 of 41

Now I have lost count of the number of times the router has dropped connection

0 Likes

Message 17 of 41

And again

0 Likes

Message 18 of 41

Hi @Chris-TalkTalk , apart from the four minute outage I just had at about 1540 today

0 Likes

Message 19 of 41

I've checked the logs at our end and although there were drops yesterday your connection appears to have been stable so far today

Chris

0 Likes

Message 20 of 41

Good afternoon @Chris-TalkTalk ,

No ideaat the moment as I have been out and about today. Will internet outages appear in any logs on the router?

0 Likes