cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Non TalkTalk router setup

TWH0857
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 54 of 54

How difficult is it to configure a non talktalk router and where can I locate the necessary information on my talktalk router as I am considering purchasing my own router? I currently have an HG633 and I am now on Fibre 65 but I keep getting Internet disconnected. Have raised this with TalkTalk and requested a new router. BT Openreach have been a replaced external wiring but I am still getting disconnected

0 Likes
53 REPLIES 53

Message 1 of 54

Morning,

I'm glad to hear this 🙂

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 54

Good morning @Michelle-TalkTalk , the connection has been OK thank you

0 Likes

Message 3 of 54

Good morning,

Thanks for the update. How has your connection been over the weekend?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 54

Hi @Chris-TalkTalk Hopefully we are OK now. Located an issue in a box down the road so lets wait and see...

0 Likes

Message 5 of 54

Arrived and working his way down the street checking each junction at the moment

0 Likes

Message 6 of 54

Now showing engineer dispatched

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 54

Latest update shows engineer dispatch pending. I'll check for further updates later

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 54

No problem. Hopefully we'll have an update for you in the morning.

Michelle 🙂

0 Likes

Message 9 of 54

Thank you @Michelle-TalkTalk 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 54

Hello,

Thanks for confirming. I've passed this straight over to Openreach now to complete an external line investigation and we'll check the fault again first thing in the morning to see if we've received an update back.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 11 of 54

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk , my Landline is crystal clear, no crackles etc

0 Likes

Message 12 of 54

Good morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've checked the connection stats now and it has detected a potential fault. Is there any noise on the voice service at the moment? As soon as we've confirmed this then we can pass this over to Openreach for investigation.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 13 of 54

Well @Chris-TalkTalk , here we go again. Broadband speed now only 29MB. All was OK until yesterday when the router was constantly dropping between 1330 and 1500 and now well below the 49MB

And now I cant even run a broadband speed test via TalkTalk Service Status :-

We’ve run into a problem

Sorry, we’re working hard to resolve this issue.

Please try again later.

Grrrrr

good job I have Analiti installed on my OTT box

0 Likes

Message 14 of 54

Hi TWH0857,

The line management system (DLM) is capping the speed but hopefully DLM will move you to a faster profile if there's any improvement following the engineer visit

Chris

0 Likes

Message 15 of 54

Hi Chris and other TalkTalk people,

Due to the results of a speed test  ran yesterday I have had the open reach team visit again. I was advised yesterday that my Fibre 65 contract guarantees a download speed of 49mb and I was only getting 42 mb.

Todays visit has concluded that my download speed is being capped at 44mb so I am really struggling now as to what is going on .

When I look at  the package for Fibre 65 it states that it comes with the Wifi Hub router. I have been on Fibre 65 since August 2023 and only recently received a Wifi Hub router and am unable to obtain the gauranteed download speed......

0 Likes

Message 16 of 54

OK thanks, just let us know if you experience any further problems

Chris

0 Likes

Message 17 of 54

Hi Chris

Service appears to be holding up. Hopefully it will continue!!!!!

0 Likes

Message 18 of 54

Hi TWH0857,

It's me again, how are you getting on? 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Message 19 of 54
0 Likes

Message 20 of 54

Yes please

0 Likes