cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Is the new community log in operational yet?

durdle
Enlightened One
Private Message
Message 12 of 12

When I log in to the community forums from Google,  I normally just provide my username and password but, sometimes, I'm directed to the new site where I need to provide my email address and wait for a code to be sent to my phone by text. So far, this code has never arrived. Is this because I'm jumping the gun, or do I have a problem? 

johno
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Billx
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 12

I believe you. Maybe some previous setting has left that channel open.

Maybe your settings in Google Chrome are to allow Google to 'Sign in automatically', and this might avoid the second step, sending a code.

My 'Sign in automatically' is set to OFF.

Billx_0-1726228916334.png

That's the best I can think of.

Bill

0 Likes

durdle
Enlightened One
Private Message
Message 2 of 12

I open Google and click on Search. The first offering is 'talktalk community login', which is marked 'You visit often' and which takes me to https://community.talktalk.co.uk. That link takes me straight in to my community account without having to input 'durdle' and my password. From there, I can go to any of my subscriptions or post and submit my own posts or replies. I can also follow the links to My Account, though I do have to provide my email address and password to get there (no verification code required). Don't ask me how I find myself being able to do this, I'll just keep doing it this way, till I can't. Meanwhile, I'll put you down as having provided the answer to my original query, if only because you questioned why I wasn't doing what I didn't know I was supposed to do. 🤪

johno
0 Likes

Billx
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 12

The method I described is the new method, which came about several months ago.

It takes me about 1 minute, to do it (you have to open your email app, get the code, and then close your email app).

Yes, one can go to the website and read some messages, without logging in, but some of the settings will be missing.

As far as I know, one cannot post, when one's not logged in. (I've never tried it.)

Also, if one's logged in, one will be logged out automatically, after a predetermined period.

So, since your are posting, I was wondering, did you use the above method, or a different method?

Bill

0 Likes

durdle
Enlightened One
Private Message
Message 4 of 12

@Billx That's where I go, but I'm only asked for my username and password. In fact, I'm just realising that I don't actually log in, because I don't ever actually log out. When I do, then no doubt the new method will kick in and I'll wish I'd never asked. How long must I have been logged in, then? I definitely see the point of verification codes, but I do find them annoying sometimes and I'm in no hurry to move on here. 

johno
0 Likes

Billx
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 12

The username/password route is the current method of logging into https://community.talktalk.co.uk, understanding that your current registered email address IS the username. This is followed by a second step, where you receive a security code into your email address, which code needs to be entered into your original login page. By the way, you were able to login, but you have still not revealed how you did it.

Bill

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Thanks. Meanwhile, do we have any idea for how long the username/password route will remain supported?

johno
0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

I just log in on my phone.

Blank little person symbol near top of page takes me to the steps.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Found it, thanks. Is there a link to the new login? 

johno
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 12

The code is sent to the email address, not a text, for now, @durdle.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 10 of 12

The fact you asked that suggests I do have a problem, unless there's a third way in.

I tried the new method but, as usual, I didn't receive the promised text.

johno
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 12

Hello,

Thanks for your post. Can I just confirm, how did you log in today, as you need to be logged in to post?

Michelle

0 Likes