cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

No connection since Friday morning

semicerchi
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

Hello, good evening.

I'd like to report an issue with my fibre connection here - I have not been able to get live chat to work in any browser on my laptop.

I initially checked for reports of issues in my area but have not seen anything so apparently it's just me. I went away for the weekend and forgot about this problem, only to find that I still could not connect when I came back.

The middle two lights on the box that receives the fibre connection (which is connected to my router's WAN port by Ethernet cable) are currently off - the ones which say Broadband and Service. I am not sure if they are supposed to be on but I seem to vaguely remember that all four lights on that box are usually on?

Thanks

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

That's great, thanks for letting me know 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Hi, 

I was contacted by someone earlier this afternoon who arranged a visit by the CityFibre team tomorrow afternoon. They actually arrived about an hour after the phone call and replaced the overhead cable, and now things are working as expected. Thanks everyone 😌

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

OK thanks. I'll pass this over to our Full Fibre team and ask them to take a look. I'll let you know when I receive an update or they may contact your directly 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Good morning, still no connection! 

Resetting with a pin did nothing. 

(I even checked the CityFibre box on the external wall, cleaned out all the webs and tried moving the cables onto the next socket on the little green box, but still no change.)

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Morning,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

I left the ONT off for a few hours, but after turning it back on the middle two lights are still off.

I have since found out a little more about the ONT:

From reading these, it seems the actual issue is that it cannot detect the optical cable. I will try resetting it.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

OK thanks. Could you switch the ONT off and leave it off for at least 30 minutes, then switch back on and check to see if the lights change. 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 10

Hello,

I have a Sagemcom F@st 5364.

(Apologies, I was expecting email notifications for replies.)

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Hi semicerchi,

Could I just ask, which router do you have? (The model number is on a label on the back)

Chris

0 Likes