cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Please turn off WiFi optimisation on my account

Dungareesncats
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

Hello!

I have a ps5 and fibre 150, speed tests say that everything is amazing but when I play online games they are super laggy and I get disconnected. I've had a new socket and a new router but the issue persists.

I've seen other people have had this resolved by turning WiFi optimisation off on their router. Could someone do this for me please? 

Many thanks

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Morning,

How has the connection been since your last post? Did you try the 30 minute router power down?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi

turn off the router for 30 minutes to reset the session then test and see if there is any improvement.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Dungareesncats
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 6

Hello,

We had no issues up until this week, where the same thing started happening again. Our speed is fine, all tests are showing router is working fine, but online gaming is super laggy making the game unplayable, this is the 2nd router we've had. We've had a new master socket. Why am I not getting the service I've paid for? I paid extra to be able to play online games and I can't.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Hi Dungareesncats

How's the connection been since the WIFI optimisation was switched off?

Thanks

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi Dungareesncats

I've switched the WIFI optimisation off as requested, please let us know how the connection compares.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes