cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Power adapter for router

Mxs675
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 13 of 13

Hi, 

I crashed into my router (SAGEMCOM-FAST5464) when I slipped over and ended up breaking the power cable. The connector bit that plugs into the back of the router has completely detached from the rest of the wire. I can still kind of use it but only if its sitting in just the right place. 

I started an online chat to find out if it was possible to purchase a replacement and after 1 hour and 15 minutes got absolutely nowhere. Apparently if I need a replacement then I have to purchase through Sagemcom although the link that was provided redirects to something else entirely unrelated and even when I search for it myself, I can't find any way to place an order.

TalkTalk can't supply a new router unless there is a fault on the line. Which there won't be because it's still technically working. Even then, apparently they only send the router. No power adapter included! Very frustrated at the lack of customer support. 

Has anyone else had the same and can recommend where a power adapter can be purchased?

Thank you

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13
0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Thank you again!

Message 3 of 13

Hi Mxs675

Apologies, I have ordered another returns bag, please allow 48hrs for this to arrive.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 4 of 13

Unfortunately not, couldn't see anything. Checked the box thoroughly and also in between all the papers and underneath but there is no returns bag. 

Message 5 of 13

Hi Mxs675

That's great news, thanks for letting me know 🙂

Was the returns bag not inside the packaging or in the router box? (it's only small)

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Hi Debbie, 

I received the new router complete with power adapter today, thank you once again for your help with this. 

There was no prepaid returns bag inside though, how should I return the old equipment?

Thanks. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Hi Mxs675

No problem 🙂

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Thank you so much!

Message 9 of 13

Hi Mxs675

No problem. I've requested that the router and returns bag are sent.

There will be no charge for this as long as the old router is returned using the pre paid returns bag.

Message 10 of 13

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for getting back to me. Yes, please. I would like that as long as there isn't a cost for the new router (as I only need a power adapter). 

Many thanks

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 13

Hi Mxs675

I'm sorry to hear this and I hope you are ok.

I can send a replacement router which will include new cables and a returns bag for your current router. Would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 13

I've never known a router not be sent with a power cable, @Mxs675.

Wait for staff to pick this up after the weekend. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.