cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Router rebooted by power cut causing latency

norbo
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 29 of 29

Hi

I just got back from few days away and I believe a powercut caused the HUB to reboot probably something went wrong as I have a higher ping that I just had before. Router interface was not even responding well and I have reset the router which seem now interface working well but latency is still there. Please do not upgrade my router as per previous posts, these last updates have all caused the same issue which you fixed by sending me this one which has not been upgraded for the same reason. Would you mind checking what is the problem? Thanks

0 Likes
28 REPLIES 28

Message 21 of 29

Hi norbo

The line tests are clear - No faults detected.

Please can you you try powering down the router for a full 30 minutes, this will clear the old session.

Thanks

0 Likes

norbo
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 22 of 29

Hi Debbie

I also connected the previous HUB which is at version 158 but is even worst

0 Likes

Message 23 of 29

Hi Debbie

Just had a look but I am a bit confused, can you remimd me of the previous versions that you could roll the router back and I see which ones rings my memory?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 24 of 29
0 Likes

Message 25 of 29

I need to check, will do sometime this evening and let you know.

Thanks for now

0 Likes

Message 26 of 29

Hi norbo

Thanks for your reply.

The firmware version on your router is the latest one, do you know what firmware your router was running when you last checked?

0 Likes

Message 27 of 29

Hi Debbie

No worries, no delay at all. There is no packet loss but as I mentioned in previous posts for me a minimal change in latency is crucial in order to get the best experience when using real time streaming media which in the case of the app I use it requires a certain continous stream that depends heavily on ping stability or otherwise the result is audio out of synch and burbling sound while playing as effect of Jitter. If you could find out please whether there have been any changes as since you gave me this router in replacement things went pretty well but now seem is degraded again since this reboot and I am not sure how long it was down as I was away.

Thanks

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 28 of 29

Hi norbo

Apologies for the delay.

Are you still experiencing this issue? Is the connection dropping?

0 Likes