cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Set up manual IP address

AnitaD
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Hello, I need to setup up manual IP address so I can connect my security alarm. My alarm currently cannot see the internet because of the IP address.  I tried to change the IP on my Eero app, but when I click save it only says it will need to reboot. When I say ok it does nothing and the IP address is not changed... I did this few times but it does not work. I restarted my router as well but no success. Any advice?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 6

Thanks for clarifying the address in question. So does this alarm require you to forward any ports to it, with connections coming in from the internet? If so, TalkTalk has never offered residential customers a static IP address, however, you can get around this by using a DDNS provider that is supported by the eero.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

To be more specific' Gateway Eero IP address'. Thank you!

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi Chris, I am referring to the one allocated to my Eero .

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Hi AnitaD,

How are you getting on? if you still need assistance can you please answer Keith's questions

Chris

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Which IP address are you referring to? Is it the private IP address allocated to your device or the public WAN IP address allocated by the network to your eero?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes