cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Signing In to the Forum Difficulty

SiHancox1
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 21

Hi TalkTalk,

I’m having great difficulty signing on to this forum since the introduction of the 6 digit code method that’s replaced use of password.

I can get the 6 digit code by using mail email no issue, but I then get taken to the final page of setup which asks you to link an exiting account…which I did…and successfully gained access to forum.

Now to the issue, when I want to sign in to forum again after getting said 6 digit code…I’m taken to the same “link your account” page…which I can’t get passed.

If I try and link my old account again it says it’s already been done…but that page will not disappear (see below)…

Stuck on this pageStuck on this page

…the only way to get passed this page is to create an account…obviously with a different user name from before.

I spoke on phone to support about this issue (they were the ones that suggested I create a new account) hoping to resolve the problem…but unfortunately it remains.

To get on forum to type this I’ve had to create a third account (my original user name was SiHancox by the way, yesterday it was Shancox and now it’s SiHancox1), but as you can imagine creating new accounts every time is not practical.

So, can someone please help (and apologies in advance if I don’t respond promptly…I may just be having difficulty with account creating)…by removing from the system what ever is causing the conflict (I’ve looked under Settings but don’t believe there’s anything I can do).

Si.

EDIT: Also noticed this post (under SiHancox1) got emailed to me for user names SiHancox and Shancox…I’ve got a suspicion all this is due to the fact the actual “linking process” didn’t go to plan…I’m wondering whether admin can “un-link” everything so I can start from scratch again.

0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20