cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Speed below guaranteed

Wioletka
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 17

Hi, 

I'm sorry if similar post was already discussed. 

Switched from fibre 150 to fibre 500.

Guaranteed download speeds 440mb/s.

Maximum I can get is 340mb/s.

Tried different online tests including UK's no 1 broadbandspeedchecker.co.uk and others... Same results.

Spoke to talktalk agent, done disconnection/reconnection/resetting procedures. Agent done manual sync of my router eero pro 6. Nothing changed. Maximum I get is 340mb/s.

Agent then asked me to do eero app speed test and it said "full speed 516mb/s" and they said it's the most accurate bla bla bla.

Somehow I don't believe internal talktalk apps to run such a tests. All external ones I've tried said same... Around 340mb/s.

Besides when I was on fibre 150 when I tested on exactly same external websites I was getting accurate results. No idea why they're telling me now that all other test services are not accurate.

Any thoughts?

Regards,

Wiola

WH
0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Just tried my son's phone. It's better and newer than mine and guess what... It has achieved 520mb/s on WiFi.

Looks like I need to get better phone and laptop 😀.

Thank you everyone. 

Admin please close. 

WH
0 Likes

Message 2 of 17

Are you experiencing any sort of performance issues on the devices themselves?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 3 of 17

Link speed (recieve /transmit) 433mbps

WH
0 Likes

Message 4 of 17

If speeds via ethernet cable are fine but wifi speeds are lower but all around the same speed then it's more than likely a limitation of the wireless connection speed of the individual devices. 340Mbps is still a very good speed

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 17

No idea sorry

WH
0 Likes

Message 6 of 17

It may be a limitation of the wireless connection speed on the devices themselves. Do you know what the maximum wireless throughput speed is on the devices?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 17

Yes, laptop and mobile same speeds, roughly 340mb/s.

Connected laptop via Ethernet and got 520mb/s.

Why such a massive loss on WiFi. Nearly 200mb/s.

Why there was no loss whatsoever on my old package 150? I was getting exactly that through WiFi. 

WH
0 Likes

Message 8 of 17

Thanks for updating your profile. Speeds to the eero look fine. Do you get throughput speeds of exactly 340Mbps on both devices?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 17

Hi, 

Tried Ethernet cable today and finally managed to get 520mb/s.

Unbelievable difference of nearly 200mb/s Ethernet vs WiFi.

I thought eero pro 6 was top router that can manage such speeds on WiFi.

Also why my old package 150mb/s, I was able to achieve this speed via WiFi but not now?

Thank you. 

Wiola

WH
0 Likes

Message 10 of 17

Hi, 

Done. 

Just tried connecting via Ethernet cable. Managed to reach 520mb/s.

Surprised such a massive difference via cable and WiFi even though I sit 2m away from my router. 

Question... Why on my old package 150mb/s I was able to achieve this speed via WiFi but not on my new package? 

Thanks. 

Wiola

WH
0 Likes

Message 11 of 17

Hi Wioletka,

Thanks but could you also please add your TalkTalk home telephone number or account number

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 17

Hi, 

Done. 

WH
0 Likes

Message 13 of 17

Morning,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 14 of 17

Hi no need to apologize😁. Have you tried a wired connection to see if you get better results?

The team will be in tomorrow morning and this info will help them also if you could aff your landline phone number and /or your account number to your community profile it will help them identify you. Please don't post personal information here in the community.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes

Wioletka
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 17

Hi, 

Sorry, my bad.... Using WiFi, sitting literally 2-3 m away from router.

Running tests on mobile Samsung galaxy a14 and laptop Acer nitro 5. 

WH
0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 17

Hi @Wioletka you don't mention if you are testing via ethernet or WiFi and what device you are using to run the tests?

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes