cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Speed dropping erratically & dramatically over the last week.

5guitars
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 14 of 14

For the last week my upload/download speeds have become unstable. Can happen anytime during the day/evening. Made aware of this happening when any streaming service I'm watching either stops or starts buffering endlessly. When this happens, I check my speeds and they have sometimes dropped as low as 1.6 mbps! Nothing has changed within the house and only one devise is streaming at any one time. Few days ago tried switching off the router, but with no improvement.

Stephen.

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

That's great news Stephen, thanks for letting us know.

Chris

0 Likes

5guitars
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 2 of 14

Dear Debbie, Michelle & Chris,

Hope that I'm not tempting fate, but......

Since last contacting you, my speeds seemed to have stabilised and I'm no longer experiencing those massive drops that I previously made you aware of. Mrs 5guitars and I have thus been able to watch various titles on BBC iplayer, Netflix & Prime without interruption by the dreaded buffering! Do hope this continues.....

Thank you all for your prompt & effective assistance.

Regards,

Stephen. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14
0 Likes

5guitars
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 4 of 14

Thanks for letting me know, Debbie. The drastic speed drop/instability has mainly been late afternoons & evenings, so I'll monitor the performance and get back to you in due course.

Regards,

Stephen.

Message 5 of 14

Hi Stephen

Thanks for your reply.

The WIFI optimisation has now been switched off.

Debbie

0 Likes

5guitars
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 6 of 14

Hello Chris,

The last 3 digits are : 510

If you can access the speeds from yesterday, you'll see what I mean, as they were down to 1.6 mbps!

Regards,

Stephen.

Message 7 of 14

We can usually see the speed test results but I can't at the moment due to a system issue

Could you just give me the last 3 digits of the router serial number so that I can make sure I have the correct one

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

5guitars
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 8 of 14

Hello Chris,

Thanks for getting back to me. Yes, if it wont make make the issue any worse you think that it is worth a try. Do let me know when you've switched it off and I'll monitor the performance and report back to you. BTW, when I run my speed tests, I enter my landline number in order that you can see the results. Are they actually available to you?

Regards,

Stephen.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Hi Stephen,

Yes it can be easily switched back on

Chris

0 Likes

5guitars
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 10 of 14

Hello agagin Michelle,

I'm using the TalkTalk Wifi hub that you sent me. If you switch the optimisation off and it makes no difference or makes matters worse (!) can it be easily switched back on?

Regards,

Stephen.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

Hi again,

Ok thanks for confirming. Are you using the Wifi Hub? Would you like us to try switching the wifi optimisation off to see how this compares?

Thanks

Michelle

5guitars
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 12 of 14

Hello Michelle,

Both my laptop and TV are connected wirelessly.

Regards,

Stephen.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 13 of 14

Good morning,

I'm sorry to hear this and I will take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault and the sync speed looks stable at the moment. Can I just confirm, are you devices connected wired or wireless when this happens please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes