cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

TalkTalk Speed Check has changed.....for the worse!

5guitars
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 14 of 14

About a week ago (again shortly after renewing my contract!) the format of your speed test changed.

Prior to this change, initiating the test quickly produced 'real time' speedometers showing the actual download, then upload and finally a graph depicting the speed to my router over the last 7 days.

Rather strangely, since complaining about the daily drop in speed since contract renewal, the method and appearance of the test has conveniently (!) changed to the process:

a) Taking a very long time!

b) Not displaying the speeds in real time, the speedometers having vanished!

c) Just delivering the same message, "Good news! Your speed is performing as expected at 36Mbps."

That 36Mbps message hasn't changed in several days, despite running speed tests on other platforms which have indicated lower speeds, at times down to 26Mbps.

Can TalkTalk please tell me why the format of their speed test has changed and I'm no longer able to access the far more useful & informative previous version? 

13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14
0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

Not problems as such, thanks. I just go elsewhere and take averages over a short period of time now and again. My upload speeds seem very low to me but I'll wait for @KeithFrench to finish looking at my signal strengths before I worry too much about them. 

johno
0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Hi durdle,

As far as I am aware it's not possible to change this. Is it causing any issues for you?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

The old version just changed for me today, and I do not like the new one. How do I get the old version back please? 

johno
0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

Thanks Keith, will do!

Stephen.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 14

I see that TalkTalk are in contact with you on that thread, if you want any other help, please feel free to @mention me into that thread.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 14

No point in using two threads then. I'll see if I can find your other thread.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

Just checked it now, Keith and it's 34.5Mbps.

Prior to renewal and just a couple of weeks ago, I had a consistent 48Mbps to my router and 41.5 to my device. On another post, I'm trying to get TalkTalk to provide an explanation as to why this is.

Stephen.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 14

If you log into your router, what speeds is it measuring, normally in the initial dashboard display?

Keith

0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

Thanks for that Keith. Much appreciated! I've bookmarked it for future use.

Not appreciated was after using it, my download speed was showing as just 25.4Mbps. Obviously a problem there then.....

Stephen.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 14

You can still use this one:-

https://www.supportal-test.co.uk/ 

When I try the one in My Connection it does not work, which as far as I was aware, is a known issue.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 12 of 14

Hello Keith!

I used to get that one, but soon after I renewed my contract, that one was replaced in 'My Connection' with the inferior version that I described. Hope someone at TT can tell me why....

Stephen.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 14

This seems normal to me:-

runningrunning

StoppedStopped

Keith

0 Likes