cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Upload speed slows down while on fortnite

TwistedRemedy
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

When I load into a fortnite game my upload speed slows down greatly and effects everything I am using, if I have discord open it will stop discord from receiving my data, but I can hear and receive data from them fine, same on fortnite the game carries on and I can see everything happening but my data isn't getting to them.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 10

Thanks for trying that, are you able to test fortnite on a different device?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

I have done that and I have not seen any change, my wifi on my pc is getting worse to the point I can barely use it, it seems to be a issue with my pc but nothing seems wrong with it, I have tried ethernet and it is worse than wireless nothing on my pc is using the wifi (Task manager says 0% network used), I have not installed anything new on my pc over the last few days and done no changes to anything but it has just because unusable. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi,

Could you try switching the modem and router off and leave them off for at least 30 minutes, then switch back on and retest - please let us know if this resolves the issue

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

I haven't noticed it on other games.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Morning,

Ok thanks for confirming. Does it only happen on this game or on all games?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

The speeds I am getting from the speed test are 90-110Mbps download and 23-26Mbps upload, they are in the bands of my plan but when I play the game they drop to 10-20Mbps download and 6Mbps upload.
I am also using wireless because I've tried ethernet and it got worse speeds.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 10

Morning,

I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. Can I just confirm, what speeds are you seeing if you run a speed test when this happens please? Are you connected wired or wireless?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 10

Thank you for the response, I've added the details to my profile.
Also I've done the speed test and the download comes back a little slow but the upload is what I'm supposed to be getting, so it doesn't seem to be a general issue, also because it only happens when I play certain games (Its happened on a few more since the original issue).

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Hi @TwistedRemedy,

What TalkTalk package are you on, what is your expected upload speed. Have you run a speed test on https://www.talktalk.co.uk/speedcheck/ to see what upload and download speed is reported.

For one of the TalkTalk Support Team on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include :

• Your name
  • Landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on (this is shown in ‘My Account’) OR add your account number to the ‘private notes’ section if you have Full Fibre with no landline
  • An alternative contact number

This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk Support Team on this community can see your profile details).

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes