cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Using an old HG521 router?

cypressmark
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

Our Sagecom router appears to have died. We are promised a new one has been ordered and we hope it will be dispatched and delivered soon.

In the meantime, we have no broadband.

Lurking at the back of a cupboard is an old Talktalk HG521 (from about three router upgrades ago). As far as I know it was in working order when taken out of use, but on plugging it in, it does not connect.

Does anyone know if it could work (fibre 65 service), or if there is a reason it definitely won't?

And if it might work, what would I need to configure? Our old router won't show up anything at 168.192.1.1, so I can't try copying settings directly.

Thanks for any help.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi @cypressmark 

That's great, I'm so glad to hear this 🙂

I've sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

To close this out - router arrived yesterday afternoon and is working well. Thank you!

Message 3 of 9

Hi Mark

I've checked and the router has been ordered and the order is progressing. Please post back here and let me know if this hasn't arrived by Wednesday afternoon.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Hi Michelle,

We haven't yet had any email or text confirmation that a router has been dispatched - are you able to confirm that one is on order for us please?

Mark

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 9

Hi cypressmark,

We'll check back in with you tomorrow to see if the router has arrived.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 6 of 9

No worries, hopefully your replacement will arrive soon. 

Message 7 of 9

Ah, I suspected that was the case, though as Fibre 65 is still copper to the home I wasn't certain - thought it might at least give a slow connection.

Thank you for your answer, I won't waste anymore time looking at it!

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

It won't work I'm afraid, it is ADSL only i.e. old school non-fibre broadband.