cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

eero device and old router

Vaida
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

Hi, I renewed my contract and received a new eero device. I tried to setup eero as defined on the instruction but for some reason, it is only working when I connect eero to the old router and old router is connected to the modem (black fiber box). When I connect eero directly to the modem, I am getting an error: ethernet cable is not connected. If I press retry it stuck on Registering. I tried different ethernet cables but for all of them the error remains the same. Currently I left it as:

fiber modem->old router->eero - looks like it is working.

Could you give any advice how should I setup. It took all weekend and it still doesn't work when eero is connected directly to the fiber modem.

Also, I did receive return label with bag, is it for old router? if yes, is it possible to keep it because I can't use internet without it. For some reason I can only connect eero via old router. Thanks in advance for your respond.

Screenshot_2024-02-12-11-05-12-931_com.eero.android.jpegScreenshot_2024-02-12-11-05-10-620_com.eero.android.jpeg
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

No problem, glad to hear that it's working now 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Hi,

I tried to connect to the internet with the eero directly to the fiber modem and now no errors appears and it connects to the internet successfully.  Thanks for sorting it.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi Vaida,

How are you getting on, have you had chance to retest?

Chris

Message 4 of 9

Hi Vaida,

I've made a change which will hopefully resolve the issue, can you please retest and let me know how you get on

Chris

Message 5 of 9

Hi, I just updated my profile information. Fiber was setup by CityFiber on November. Thanks for helping with it.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Morning,

Was this set up by CityFibre or Openreach?

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 7 of 9

Hello

Thank you for your replay. 

I tried to follow your advice and now I am getting a bit further. After I reset eero, now when it tries to connect to the internet, it complains about external ip address. Also, another message pop up with the WAN type and Uplink VLAN Tag options. I tried both ways: set Uplink VLAN Tag to 101, and disable it - both ways I am getting the same error with external IP address. As I said previously, if I connect it via old router, it works. It doesn't work when I connect eero directly to the fiber modem as you can see from the photo. 

steps.jpegsettings.jpegsetup.jpeg
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Hi Vaida,

Could you connect  the eero directly  to the ONT again please, then switch both ONT and eero off for 30 minutes, then switch back on and retest. Please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes