cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

want to install two cameras on 2.4 ghz on my talk talk 5ghz router help no clue

billy331
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

please help i it can be done cheers

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 7

Let's say that your router's network name was TALKTALKAABBCC, the same name assigned to both the 2.4 & 5GHz WiFi bands by default. What you want, is one name for the 2.4GHz band & another for the 5GHz band.

Taking my fictitious example above, you would set the names as shown below:-

2.4GHz Band : TALKTALKAABBCC24

5GHz Band : TALKTALKAABBCC

Alternatively, you could set their names to be whatever you want, perhaps John & Fred, however, that is not obvious which is the 2.4GHz band.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Append something like "24" (minus the quotes) to the SSID of this band. Apply that & exit. However, if you prefer, rename

sorry to be a bit thick but what do you mean by that 😁

0 Likes

billy331
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 7

i shall give it a go thanks for time 👍

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 7

OK, the first thing is that a lot of these controller apps do not work well with the basic router configuration, where the 2.4 & 5GHz WiFi bands share the same network name (SSID). You will first of all need to rename one of them.

Dashboard > See Wi-Fi Settings > Manage Advanced Settings > Wi-Fi 2.4Ghz gear icon > Basic

Append something like "24" (minus the quotes) to the SSID of this band. Apply that & exit. However, if you prefer, rename the 5GHz band.

Now you should be able to connect the cameras to the 2.4GHz band with their app.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

billy331
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 7

sagemcom  talk talk wifi hub           connect via app

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

I will need more information if I am going to help you:-

1. Which make/model of router are you using?
  2. How are the cameras supposed to connect - manually detecting the router's network name (SSID) and entering the password, WPS, or via their own app?

Keith

0 Likes