cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

EERO 6 ROUTERS ARE THEY TETHERED TO TALK TALK?

Message 7 of 7

My son asked me this question earlier regarding the use of the eero 6 router that come with the fibre 150 contract. basically so they cant be used with any other provider? Even the eero app has talk talk branding on the landing page? Im summising that if you buy the eeros say from amazon they are not tethered. hypthetical question just wondered. be good to get peoples thoughts

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

lots of good options you speak of. will speak to him in the new year see what the longer term options are and take it from  there

Message 2 of 7

That would be best. You need to know what's expected. Chris may have recorded you as a long term triallist or the eero could have been supplied by the normal process of replacement when one of the eeros would be expected to be returned after testing.

If one eero is to be returned then you can make a choice between:

• Renting extra eeros with Total Home Wi-Fi
  • Purchasing extra eeros from TalkTalk
  • Purchasing extra eeros direct from Amazon
  • Adopting another solution for whole home Wi-Fi coverage

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 7

Im not sure exactly what the agreement is to be perfectly honest i think it was a loan to see if an extra eero improved reception but will catch up with chris after the new year and ask him the way forward.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

What was your agreement with Chris? Was this a loaned eero 6 just for testing and assessment temporarily? Or if you found you needed both eeros for full home wi-fi coverage were you able to retain it on long term loan or be expected to be charged for the second eero? Both eero 6 routers would be restricted in use to TalkTalk eero enabled packages on the TalkTalk network if both were free issue.

Normally, you can buy additional eero 6 routers direct from TalkTalk and these purchased ones will not be restricted in subsequent use with any other ISP.

TalkTalk have an option to rent eero 6 routers with the Total Home Wi-Fi package. This is £6 per month and offers additional eeros restricted in use to TalkTalk packages on the TalkTalk network. But for the rental price you can get more than one additional eero if it's proven that more are needed.  All such eeros would be expected back by TalkTalk on ending a TalkTalk eero enabled package or ending a Total Home subscription.

I have one eero 6 with my Full Fibre package and that's used as the gateway router. I have purchased direct from Amazon a pack of 3 eero 6+ routers to provide near perfect whole home wi-fi coverage.

The eero Support Hub is your go-to resource for information, guides and Community support

Select here:
eero Support Hub

eero 6 and eero Pro 6 Help

eero - Total Home Wi-Fi

Message 5 of 7

so further to my question i have one eero 6 that came with the contract and are testing another that chris sent from talk talk due to poor strength within the property? If i find that 2 are necessary will i have to send the 2nd back and buy one from amazon as like uve said all routers from talk talk are tethered? The eero coverage anywhere near what they advertise? with 2 the signal is much better.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

Eero 6 products purchased direct from Amazon or TalkTalk are not restricted in use and may be used with any ISP.

Eero 6 products supplied free issue by TalkTalk are restricted in use with TalkTalk enabled packages on the TalkTalk network.