cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

EERO Secure not activated in my EERO app

Woody179!
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 17

Hi,

I wonder if someone might be able to help me get EERO Secure activated.

I had Fibre 900 installed by Openreach last week, both my EERO's and the Grandstream VOIP adaptor work fine. Also WIFI coverage seems to be fine. The only problem I have is that if i go into the discover part of the Eero app there are only 2 options, Amazon Connected Home and eero labs. I have 2 chats with TalkTalk and each time I have been directed to call Eero support, when I do this they tell me that only TalkTalk can activate it. I have just had an hour long chat with TalkTalk and was told that I would need to activate and pay for Eero Secure Plus, why? Isn't Eero secure supposed to be free with a TalkTalk package - the website says its is.

Please help

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Brilliant, thanks for confirming 🙂

Michelle

Woody179!
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 17

Hi Michelle.

I can confirm it is now working fine, no worry about the delay, working with computers has shown me not to expect solutions overnight.

Thank you very much for your help, I'm really pleased with TalkTalk's services, Internet speeds are (Ping 3ms, download 948.09 Mbps and upload 111.9Mbps, which Is great and Voip works works fine.

Thank you,

Paul

Message 3 of 17

Hi Paul,

I'm really sorry for the delay. The team have advised that it is now showing as active. Could you retest and let us know if this works ok for you please?

Thanks

Michelle

Woody179!
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 17

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for letting me know.

Cheers,

Paul

Message 5 of 17

Hi Paul,

Just a quick post to say that I've not forgotten you, I'm just waiting for the team to reply to me.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 6 of 17

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the update. Let me check with the Devices Manager and I'll come back to you shortly.

Thanks

Michelle

Woody179!
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 17

Hi Michelle,

Just noticed that under the discovery tab, my eero app now has the eero Secure option displayed, not used it yet as I wanted to make sure that this was the TalkTalk version of eero secure and not the one that you have to pay for.

Regards,

Paul 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 17

Hi Paul,

I've checked and the Devices Manager has not come back to me with an update as yet so I don't think it's related. I'll keep you updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Woody179!
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 17

Hi Michelle,

I had an email from eero today with the title 'Get started with your eero Plus subscription', thinking this was what I was waiting for, I clicked on the link. Unfortunately the link said I had to pay £2.99/month so I cancelled it. I believe it should be free with my TalkTalk subscription?

Paul

0 Likes

Message 10 of 17

No problem, hopefully it won't be much longer 🙂

Michelle

0 Likes

Woody179!
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 17

Thanks for chasing it up Michelle 👍

0 Likes

Message 12 of 17

Morning,

I'm really sorry for the delay. I've chased our Devices Team for an update on this now.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 13 of 17

Hello again,

Thanks for the update. I think our Devices Team will have to make a change on our side so I'll post back to confirm as soon as this has been completed so you can retest this.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Woody179!
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 17

Thank you Michelle.

I had an email from Eero support (below) yesterday afternoon.

Apologies, that the call dropped. The Tier 2 team have advised, that all eero routers provided from TalkTalk have an eero Secure plan, which will activate upon setting up the device. Because of this eero Secure plan there is no option to subscibe for eero Plus. If the eero Secure plan hasn't activated, go ahead and hold down the button on the bottom of the "Living room" eero KCAF09NRFFRNWJXV for 15-20 seconds. Once the LED light starts flashing red release, and it'll then take a minute for the eero to reset to factory defaults. When ready, the eero will switch from flashing white to flashing blue and you can then re-add it to the network via the eero app. If we can help with anything else, just let us know.

I tried this and it made no difference.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 17

Morning,

Thanks for your post. I've passed this over to our Devices Manager and I will post back here as soon as I receive an update.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Woody179!
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 17

I've added the my Eero gateways serial number to my account private notes section

0 Likes