cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Eero under bed?

cm02gem
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

Is it safe for Eero to be installed under a bed?  It gets very warm so I am also concerned about it sitting on carpet.  Just installed and I’ve had to switch it off as I’m just not happy about it!

4 REPLIES 4

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 5

Hello,

Any electrical devices would need to be located in a well ventilated location to avoid overheating.

Thanks

Gondola
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 5

Hi cm02gem 

I see you've not been online since posting about the eero getting warm. The guide that I linked to has all the information from TalkTalk to help you but let me know if you'd like any additional advice and tips from a genuine user of the eero device.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

mrwrighty
Enlightened One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 5

Simple answer is no. First your Wifi signal will be adversely affected by the bed frame, if its hot, then putting it under the bed will likely make it hotter due to lack of air flow. These devices need to be above floor height, preferably a table or shelf in clear space for better Wifi and air flow. These devices are warm/hot to touch when working.

0 Likes

Gondola
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

The optimum positioning for the eero would be on a shelf at around half room height. Placement on any floor is not recommended. See the guide 'Is your eero feeling warm?'

The eero Support Hub is your go-to resource for information, guides and Community support

Select here:
eero Support Hub

eero 6 and eero Pro 6 Help

eero - Setting up your eero

eero - Is your eero feeling warm?

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes