cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Eero6 - do I need a second one?

marting5252
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 27 of 27

Hi

I have just had Fibre 150 installed and have manged to get both eero6 working and the grandsteam dva. The only problem is the coverage throughout my house is not as good as previously when I used a Talktalk dline extender. Will a second Eero6 fix the problem? Will Talktalk supply a second one FOC and if so how do I order one?

Martin

0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26

paulshent
Community Star
Private Message
Message 1 of 27

Out of interest you can get a eero extender from Amazon for 59 quid that will link up to your present eero6

Otherwise  i think you can addon wifi coverage from withing your Account to get another Eero6

Someone correct me if i am incorrect

0 Likes

Message 2 of 27

Morning Martin,

I'm really glad to hear this and thanks for letting us know 🙂

Michelle

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 27

No problem, glad to help.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 27

Hi

Just to let you know that the second eero6 has been installed and everything is working fine now.

Thank you Keith for your help and Talktalk for supplying a second eero6.

Martin

0 Likes

Message 5 of 27

Hi Martin,

Great thank you 🙂

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 6 of 27

Thank you - I'll let everyone know how I get on.

Martin

0 Likes

Message 7 of 27

Hi Martin,

I'll order another eero to test with, it should be with you within a couple of days

Chris

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 27

Hi @marting5252 

This is a guide to mesh networks:-

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/mesh-wifi/ 

I have already asked TalkTalk to provide you with another Eero, they will be able to see this when they return tomorrow.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 27

Hi Talktalk

In the light of Keith's comments, can you now advise me whether you will supply me with a second eero6. 

I must say that I am extremely disappointed that the sales man who sold me an upgrade to full fibre did NOT mention about the potential coverage problems with the eero 6.

Martin

0 Likes

Message 10 of 27

Hi ferguson

Pardon my ignorance but what is a mesh solution?

Martin

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 27

@marting5252 @KeithFrench 

I hate to say this, but the eero is very much designed as part of a mesh solution, a single unit rarely doing a satisfactory job. Not news to Keith, I know. That is why Amazon sell them accordingly.

I will continue to follow this topic with interest to see what TalkTalk have to say next. 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 27

I have now seen the condition of the WiFi throughout the customer's property. It is fine downstairs where the Eero is located, but upstairs the signal from that router is very low. Please can you consider providing a second Eero?

Keith

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 27

WiFi interference can change at any time.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 14 of 27

By the way, we had no issues with the previous Talktalk router!

Martin 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 27

The information below is provided by TalkTalk, for confirmation please contact @Debbie-TalkTalk or@Michelle-TalkTalk.

KeithFrench is one of our valued Community Stars and can help with a range of issues related to wireless and networking. At times he may ask you to send him test results via a Private Message to help analyse/diagnose an issue. Although Keith does not work for TalkTalk, he very kindly shares his time and knowledge to help with others.

If you need further help or, if we need to take any details such as personal information about your account like phone numbers, account numbers etc. one of the TalkTalk team will jump in and help out.

Keith

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 27

I will PM you a link for a guide of mine on Wi-Fi interference & initially look at the section called "Are you suffering from interference – prove it first". This section includes full details of Wi-Fi analysers that I recommend for Windows, Windows phone, Android and Apple operating systems. However, I have no way of testing the Apple product. Do not worry about interpreting the results, I will do that for you.

Please post the screenshots to me in a PM (to protect your privacy), which I have requested in my guide. No photos please they can be difficult to read as text can get out of focus when zoomed in, from the analyser you are using (also in my attached guide). Please ensure that the analyser window is maximised (if Windows) before taking the screenshots & upload them via the "Insert Photos" button (in a mobile browser it's the picture icon) on the post editor's toolbar with the Size parameter set to Large. If they are too small, I will not be able to read them & although I can enlarge them, this puts the text out of focus. 

Keith

0 Likes

Message 17 of 27

Thanks Keith

Can you please send me the guide?  Is that by email?

Martin

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 27

That sounds like classic WiFi interference, with which I can help with.

Slow speed, intermittent dropouts, breaks in the signal or no signal on some or all devices or no internet access might be caused by Wi-Fi interference from other local networks, which can also lead to a permanent reduction in speed. No ISP can be responsible for your local environment, this is mainly a byproduct of the popularity of Wi-Fi.

Generally speaking, the 2.4GHz band suffers a lot more from interference than the much faster 5GHz band, but the 2.4GHz one can sometimes have a better range, but this all depends on your local area.

In other words, I try to help you optimise your Wi-Fi connection. The next stage involves sending out a guide to you to help you get me some important diagnostic results so that I can analyse them for you and recommend changes to your router configuration to solve them.

I only send this out to people who request it.

Whilst the Eero is supposed to manage Wi-Fi interference, if this is very bad, particularly in the 2.4GHz band, then it cannot do anything about it, no router can. The same goes for any router at that point. Other things that may then need to be investigated are its location within your property and the WiFi bands that you use. It is possible that you may also need to purchase additional Eero nodes as it is supposed to operate as part of a mesh system. I can help with any of this. However, I would suggest that you follow my help to find out what the root cause of the problem is, before throwing money at it.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 19 of 27

Hi Chris

Its mostly in the evening and upstairs in the house when the connection is lost and the mobiles and ipads revert to 4G. They're not in use at the moment.

Martin

0 Likes

Message 20 of 27

Hi Martin,

I've taken a look at your network and all the devices seem to have a solid wireless connection, are you experiencing any specific issues?

Chris

0 Likes