cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Essential phone line for elderly person very unreliable.

vledg1
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

My mum is 83 and pays through the nose for the useless Talktalk service as she needs a landline to operate a panic alarm.

Since switching from her old landline to Voip we've had nothing but trouble.  

Tonight I am trying to report a fault as she can neither make or receive calls.  Presumably this means that her care alarm is also unable to function - yet I am unable to speak to a human at Talk talk until the customer service reopens tomorrow morning.  I found this out following a ridiculously lengthy conversation with a 'bot'.

So not only does she need to pay for a broadband service she has no real use for, she had to buy new handsets that were compatible with this new system incurring further costs. This  was supposed to be an improvement on the old analogue system - but she never had an issue with that.  This new line cuts out quite regularly meaning my mum is unable to contact me or the emergency services.

Absolutely ridiculous.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Morning,

I'm really sorry to hear this. I've escalated this straight to our Faults Escalation Team and have asked them to make contact ASAP.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

Frankly, an "improvement" to the old system is only in terms of potential Internet speeds, @vledg1.

Sadly there will be no way back as "they" deem that copper lines should become obsolete. 

Staff are not on here at weekends so won't pick up your post before Monday. 

Am linking your thread from last September here, so staff can see which numbers in the profile refer to you / your mum etc.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Full-Fibre/Help-with-compatibility-of-emergency-devices-for-the-...

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes