cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Disabling Wifi on Eero 6

MarekRaj
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

Hi, i just get my Full Fiber installed, and want Eero 6 to have wifi disabled.

How do i do it, either from the app or through the device connected to Eero through ethernet cable?

Also, after Eero 6 wifi is turned off, is that new modem a source of additional wifi? If it is, how to disable that wifi aswell please?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi, thank you for your response.

I realosed after my first fiber optic service got installed and Eero 6 provided that this router leaves no option to disable wifi, unlike any other router we owned over the course of 2 decades.

While talking to TalkTalk representative during the process of requesting the deal of Fiber Optic 150, i specifically asked if i will be able to turn the WiFi off on that new router and i was assured that Eero 6 can have WiFi turned off through it's App.

I found out after short time wirh the new service that i was misinformed and Eero has WiFi active at all times.

I've been on TalkTalk chat couple of times, with different agents, and none was able to help apart from telling me that i have a wifi on all the time in my home regardless of the fact i asked prior to accepting new service under the condition i will be able to keep wifi off by turning it off.

Loosing long hours on the chat, talking to different people andnrepeating the same simple request over and over, os very frustrating.

I had to go through security questions, than repeat what is the issue, than explain why this is an issue, than wait for representatives to get in touch with their managers, than get different people taking over the calls, than wait for those different people to have a chat with their managers, and all of that with no success.

Simple thing, wifi button on the router or internet based configuration page where twifi could be turned off,  ( which shoul be accesible by the way ), would give customers the rightto control their choices.

Eero product is simply dictating the certain type of environment in the home, where more and more electromagnetic bubbles are functioning in our new technological heaven of comfort and security.

I simply fon't want that.

And i was misleaded i will have an option to change the setting and keep the wifi off.

While asking for a new deal was quick and swift in repsonse, trying to sort the issue that arose from wrong information provided by TalkTalk representative seems to be imposible to solve for me.

Regards, 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

@MarekRaj 

The eero is designed very much as a wireless solution, so much so that it only has minimal ethernet ports and is intended to work best with multiple units as part of a mesh system. I am not aware if there is an option to switch of wifi given that basis of operation.

To allay your concerns it may be best to bypass it altogether. Do you have an alternative router which will connect to the ONT via it's WAN port and you can utilise the ethernet ports from there? I take it you have no need for any mobile, or other devices which can only work with a wireless connection? 

MarekRaj
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 5

Hi, one of my family members is sensitive to electromagnetic radiation fields and for that reason we have always kept wifi turned off and used ethernet cables for pc, or tv for 15 years. Eero 6 is the first router that we came across  that seems to lack in option of simply being able to turn the wifi on or off when desired.

Electrosmog may be considered by some as not 'scientificaly proven' and by most, completely ommited due to some level of ignorance, while others do suffer negative health issues in the sphere of neurological system.

What amazes me these days is the hype for new, widely spread tech of more powerful electromagnetic fields being deployed at work, at home and in public spaces, and most people seem to be surprised why some may have an issue with this relatively new technological environment being introduced into everyones lives.

We would like to have a simple option of being able to make individual decision weather we want to use it, or use an good old cables, which are reliable and safe.

Regards, 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

Morning,

Can I just confirm, is there a specific reason why you wanted to disable the wifi on the eero please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes