cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Existing customer - switch to full fibre network

will5678
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 12 of 12

City Fibre have installed a new full fibre box to my property - this process went ok and without issues. The box has green lights so looks good and I assumed there would then be an option or process  for customers to start using  the full fibre network.  

However - the next steps you need to take as an existing talktalk customer are really unclear.

multiple chat bot sessions with talktalk and phone calls suggest that talktalk teams (that you get passed between continuously) don’t know how to upgrade customers from their current plans on the existing network, and move them to the full fibre network. 

do we (existing customers) need to contact city fibre? Or Open reach? 
should we apply for full fibre as a new customer and cancel our existing contract?

I logged in to my account and followed the suggested upgrade step to call them- that didn’t get me anywhere

talktalk (0345 172 0074) told me today that they could not upgrade me due to a code on my property RFS4 (yes, they gave me this jargon on the phone) and it needed to be RFS1/2 for them to upgrade.

do openreach or cityfibre need to make a change in order to enable this upgrade?

Any help appreciated 

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hello,

I'm really glad to hear that this is now working and thank you for confirming 🙂

Thanks

Message 2 of 12

this has resolved itself - something must have activated overnight or the router has reset properly this time - because when switching to the new network, the router finds it ok (it didn’t work yesterday doing exactly the same thing)

Thanks for the contributions to this thread.  

Message 3 of 12

Hello,

Thanks for confirming. Which router do you have please? (make and model)

Thanks

Message 4 of 12

Hi Michelle

yes the connection to the “old” network still works and I’m using that because I can’t be offline for a period due to working from home.

I received mailings (pre installation date) from talk talk to say “we’re upgrading your home to full fibre broadband, completely free of charge”

“your existing contract, telephone number and extra services won’t change” 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Morning,

Can I just confirm, do you mean that you have already placed an order with us to upgrade you to FTTP or did we contact you about upgrading to FTTP? Does your previous service still work ok?

Thanks

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 12

This thread is now in the queue for attention from staff, @will5678.

For it to move forward in the workflow, please wait for them to respond before posting further. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 7 of 12

To be honest looking at other threads here the TT fibre upgrades seem to be a bit of a mess.

Clearly the upgrade was authorised and activated. Hopefully someone from TT will pick this up and verify everything for you.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Hi mrwrighty- plugged laptop into new OTC box directly via Ethernet cable and works fine - good news - so will try resetting router.

still unsure whether I need to do anything re contract and upgrade  with talk talk however ? 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Ok do you have a laptop you can connect to the ONT. plug Ethernet cable from ONT to laptop and check internet connection. 

if that works, try resetting your router. 

what model router do you have.

will5678
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 10 of 12

Thanks Mrwrighty - yes when I connect to ONT from router via Ethernet cable - I get 4 solid green lights on the ONT. 

however, the router is then not able to connect to the network - it flashes amber/white, and then solid amber. 

0 Likes

mrwrighty
Enlightened One
Private Message
Message 11 of 12

If CityFibre installed the ONT then you shouldn’t need to contact TT unless the connection is not working. Have you plugged your router in to the ONT. 4 green lights on the ONT is good to go unless there is another issue somewhere.