cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

No internet.

Iveso
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 19 of 19

I had full fibre installation completed yesterday by City Fibre. All 4 lights on the modem are solid green. During setup with eero 6 it says it has no internet? I have tried switching them both off and on, still no good. Also I have not had anything from talk talk regarding account numbers and alike. It seems as if it isn't active? Any ideas?

Dave.
0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19

Hello,

I'm glad to hear that this is now working and thanks for keeping us updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

Iveso
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 2 of 19

So an update. I spoke to a full fibre advisor online that insisted they need to send me a different router as that was the problem and the eero was compatible - but not compatible at the same time!

Then the connection to chat dropped and I got a different advisor when I reconnected. This advisor said he will do something his end and what do you know - up and running in less than 10 minutes - with the eero 6.

All sorted, thanks to all that assisted.

Dave.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 19
0 Likes

Message 4 of 19

Ok, thank you.

Dave.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 19

OK thanks. I've passed this to our Future Fibre team for investigation. We'll let you know when we receive an update or they may contact you directly 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 19

Yes, I'm the account holder.

Dave.
0 Likes

Message 7 of 19

Ok thanks, could I just ask, are you the account holder?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 19

I have just done that and it is still the same. In the eero app it has a red X against 'external ip'. Also for information, in the app UPLINK VLAN is toggled off and WAN TYPE is DCHP

Dave.
0 Likes

Message 9 of 19

Hi Iveso,

Thanks for that, I've found your details. Can you switch the eero and ONT off for 30 minutes then switch back on and retest. If it's then still not working please let me know and I'll pass it over to our Future Fibre team

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 19

Hi Chris, I have added my address.

Dave.
0 Likes

Message 11 of 19

Hi Iveso,

Can you please add your address to the private notes section of your community profile, we should be able to find your details with this

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 19

Hi, I have not been sent any information containing an account number, or anything related.

Dave.
0 Likes

Message 13 of 19

Hi

Could you add your account number to your 'Community Profile' so we can locate your details.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 19

Hello, this wasn't an upgrade of a previous talktalk service. I didn't receive an order number but I did get an email confirming installation date (which was rearranged) and SMS messages from talktalk and City Fibre regarding installation date.

Dave.
0 Likes

Message 15 of 19

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. Was this an upgrade of a previous TalkTalk service? Did you receive a FTTP order number? Have you received any order confirmation emails? (this may have gone into a junk folder.

Thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 19

Perhaps it is an authentication issue then? I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk has responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Iveso
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 17 of 19

Hi, yes I have just connected a laptop directly to the modem Via ethernet and still no internet (4 greens on modem).

Dave.
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 19

Can you connect something wired (Ethernet) like a laptop directly to the ONT in place of the Eero? If so, do you have internet access then?

This will prove if the problem is the fibre or the Eero.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?