cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

FTTP Offered by Sky and PlusNet

hft010472
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 11

OpenReach informed me about a month ago that Ultra Fast Fibre is now available where I live. Both Sky and PlusNet offer this but for some reason TalkTalk don’t. I don’t understand why. Anybody got any ideas why this would be?

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

The Full Fibre Availability checker does just offer the best 'fibre' speed that's currently available via TalkTalk. In Healing that is Fibre to the cabinet (FTTC). So you can either register an interest with the Full Fibre team on 0345 172 0074, free from a TalkTalk home 'phone but otherwise at a standard landline call rate, or regularly check back with the availability checker.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

I haven’t found anywhere on the TalkTalk site to register an interest. Seems to be a total lack of interest from TT. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Well, obviously it does as you've been told that Openreach have completed your post code area! You can register an interest in getting Full Fibre and it could still take up to 3 months to connect your home depending on how much is still to be done and how many other homes want to get connected. Your home doesn't get connected to full fibre until an order is placed with an ISP.  If TalkTalk aren't yet accepting orders then just register an interest.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Must be out of date as the site shows, for my address, this page. 

IMG_4267.jpeg
0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

This Openreach press release on FTTP for Grimsby and Healing is dated 23 Jul 2023 and indicates that the area build project for Full Fibre will take 12 - 18 months. This would suggest that it is the majority of the area that's getting Full Fibre for the first time and that the project still has a way to go for full coverage.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

The site I'm currently looking at, that shows all the cabinets for the Healing exchange, is indicating that, with a few exceptions where fibre to the cabinet is not available, almost all of the area has Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC) with effect from 2013 - 2020 and there's Next Generation Access (NGA) with speeds of at least 30Mbps up to 1Gbps for a lot of the coverage area. However, no dates are shown for the NGA element that would definitely be Full Fibre for the areas that have 1Gbps speeds.  Sometimes the NGA data is based on Openreach plans and be shown 12 months ahead of go-live.

Have a look and see if you can find your address and therefore the cabinet that provides the connection. https://www.telecom-tariffs.co.uk/codelook.htm?xid=33055&postcodeloc=12428

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

It’s Healing in North East Lincolnshire. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

Do you know the name of the exchange and its location? Or your post code but don't post this if it could lead to any personally identifiable information e.g. if the post code is unique to your house.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 11

I don’t know as the local exchange covers a large area but OpenReach have been working in the area for quite a while. I think OpenReach have just cabled up my local area. They emailed me to say Ultra Fast Fibre was available with a link to their pages shown all providers in the area. As I’m with TalkTalk I clicked on their link but it’s only showing Full Fibre 65.  I’ve used the chat facility but they just said it wasn’t available with no reason given. 

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 11

The usual reason is that TalkTalk are awaiting Openreach installation of cablelinks at the exchange and or upgrading of the backhaul from the exchange.

PlusNet piggyback on the BT cablelinks that will usually get installed prior to any other. Sky do normally have their own backhaul and in such cases would also require cablelinks installed by Openreach.

Is this the first time full fibre has been offered from the exchange in question? Or has full fibre been previously provided from the exchange and that full fibre has just been extended to reach your home area?