cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

no ring calls every 30mins since installing FTTP and plug in router telephone

Shipton47
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 20 of 20

Hi All

Since upgrading to FTTP and plugging in my BT Advanced Z twin phone into a brand new Wifi Hub2 phone port with a filter, my phone registers a missed call approx every 30minutes throughout the day!! It doesnt ring but it lights up the phone.

I have seen Virgin had this issue and rolled out a fix, and another person in this forum has same issue also!.

Is talktalk aware of this? and any help will be appreciated.

See pictures for the message it shows on my landline phone and the images of the phone itself

missed calls.jpegphone back.pngphone.png
0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

Message 1 of 20

Good morning,

Just checking back in to see if the voice issue has now been resolved for you?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 20

Hi again,

The fix has now been applied. Please could you retest and let us know if this is now working ok for you.

Thanks

Michelle 🙂

0 Likes

Message 3 of 20

Morning,

I'm sorry this hear this. I've asked for the fix to be applied and I will post back to confirm as soon as this has been completed.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 20

I'll re-escalate this for you, @Shipton47.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Shipton47
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 5 of 20

Hi

My line had to be reset due to some issue. I am now having the same problem as before. Missed calls are happening every half hour.  Please could the fix you did before be applied again?

Thanks

David

0 Likes

Message 6 of 20

Hey,

Really glad to hear this. Please let us know if you need any further assistance with anything 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 20

Hi Michelle

I can confirm that it has been 24 hours and we have had no missed calls. 

Thanks a lot of sorting this out.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 20

Morning,

Thank you and we will check back in with you in 24hrs to see if this is still working ok. It wasn't a firmware upgrade, our team made a setting change.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 20

Hi Michelle

It would do it almost immediately. Thanks for this I will monitor. 

Did you have to upgrade the firmware on my router ?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 20

Hi,

Thanks for the update. Would it normally have re-occurred by now? Would it be possible to continue to monitor this over the next 24hrs to see if this has been fully resolved?

Thanks

0 Likes

Shipton47
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 11 of 20

Hi Michelle

I can confirm since 10.45 we haven't had any missed calls register on the phone.

Do you want us to try anything else?

0 Likes

Message 12 of 20

Hello,

Would you mind retesting and confirming if this is now resolved please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 20

Morning,

We're still awaiting an update back on this but I have chased for an update on this now.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 14 of 20

This isn’t an FTTP issue it’s a HUB2 router issue and requires a firmware fix. I believe that BT phones are more susceptible to this issue. It’s the router firmware developers that need to be made aware of the issue.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 20

Hi

I've reached out to one of our FTTP engineers for more info and advice.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 20

Its ridiculous isnt it, how can talktalk roll this out when its not been fully tested! If Virgin can do a fix, surely Talktalk can sort it.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 20

Hi Karl

I have done that as you said and its made no difference. As soon as i plugged in it, it resumed with the missed calls.

I didnt have this issue before being upgraded, so what is TalkTalk going to do? It is a nightmare trying to sift through all the missed calls to see the genuine ones.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 18 of 20

I think no ring calls are not that the phone doesn't ring on a legitimate call but the telephone registers a call at regular intervals but the phone does not ring.

This appears to be a common fault when using Non VOIP phones on a VOIP circuit i.e phones plugged in to routers or adapter. I believe it is something to do with the voltage regulation/stability at the phone connection to the router and something is triggering a regular phone interruption but not a phone call hence no ringing tone. It also appears that certain models of phone are more susceptible to this issue.

This has been reported before and also been an issue for Virgin Media customers with a similar setup when plugging non VOIP phones in to their routers. Virgin Media issued a router firmware upgrade which appears to have fixed the issue. TalkTalk need to do the same.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 19 of 20

Hi

Can you power down all equipment for 30 minutes, including the router and ONT. This will clear the current session.  Restart all the equipment, then give it 10 minutes to settle, and make a test call to the landline.

Does it then ring when called ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes