cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Failed fibre installation/Disconnected broadband

MedicWithAnIssue
Participant
Private Message
Message 39 of 39

Decided to "upgrade" from Broadband to the Future fibre, so on the 16th February, the engineer arrived and completed the works inside, but we was awaiting a cherry picker to safely do the outside works, that day.

At midday my old Broadband connection was cut off and still now, despite 30 odd calls, being bounced from department to department, answering the same questions (security this, check your router that) and I am getting nowhere.

My Wife works from home, all needing an internet connection, day and night.

My alarm and cameras are needing Wifi, my TVs and radio are all needing Wifi, heating needing Wifi and we have nothing.

Makes you realise how much the internet has be come and essential service, like gas or electricity.

**All I need is the Broadband to be reconnected at the local exchange temporarily **

Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Even a UK department number would be helpful.

I'm done with the live chat and Indian call centers.

0 Likes
38 REPLIES 38

Message 21 of 39

I'm sorry about this. There are no further updates at the moment but there is an update due today so I'll check again later

Chris

0 Likes

Message 22 of 39

Another day.... 

Still no internet.

No contact from anyone regarding finishing the job and I am preparing myself for another weekend, without internet access.

It would be nice to hear some positive news and know when this hoist is coming.

Surely OpenReach can give me a date/time. How can a business be run, by just saying "thanks for the booking, we'll get it done when we can".

Is there not a Manager, who can say "Enough is Enough, this needs to be done TODAY"?

How do I escalate this?

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 23 of 39

The app needs an internet connection to communicate with your supplier, however neither the meter or IHD use your home internet.

Once you top up the credit will be added by communication over the relevant WAN.

Gas meters communicate via the HUB on the electricity meter.

See the post from dolor at 1226 today in this topic.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6427521/trying-to-get-a-smart-meter-but-cant-get-a-m...

0 Likes

Message 24 of 39

Thanks again for your reply.

I fully understand the old copper broadband issue now then.

With regards to the Gas meter, if the app on my phone, can't talk to the smart meter, it will not allow me to top up any credit..

My meter says no internet access, which was confirmed with the call handler when  I just spoke to them, being the cause of the issue and not allowing me to add payment.

Joys of modern technology I suppose.

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 25 of 39

From all past topics here, once copper has been disconnected a completely new order is required to get a customer reconnected.

Gas meters do not use home WiFi/internet

Do smart meters use WIFI?

No. Smart meters use an entirely separate, bespoke wireless system. You don't need Wi-Fi in your home for it to work and it won't use your Wi-Fi if you have it. Your smart meter and in-home display communicate via a secure national network which is solely for smart meters.
0 Likes

Message 26 of 39

Screenshot_20230223_111207_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230223_113731_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230223_113739_Gallery.jpg

 just for info..

I have again spoken with TalkTalk chat today who stated the above.... it will be installed today??

Is there any way I can contact OpenReach direct for a live update?

I was first told to check back on 27th, which in 2023, living in a first world country, I think is a little unreasonable.

I've been asking for the old Talk Talk broadband to be reconnected for the short term, but still it gets ignored.

Its highly frustrating!

To add to the already list of problems it's creating, with the added joy of having a smart meter, that needs to be topped up, which I have done, my Gas supply has just gone off (at 1100am) as the meter is unable to update, without an internet connection.

0 Likes

Message 27 of 39

Sorry, I don't know on average how long customers are without connection, the vast majority aren't without a connection at all. The request for the hoist has been chased, we'll hopefully see an update later

I'm really sorry for any inconvenience, we obviously aren't happy to leave you without any service but unfortunately we are reliant on Openreach to complete the work

Chris 

0 Likes

Message 28 of 39

Morning Chris

Thanks for the update.

Do you know on average how long people are without and connection at all?

We are now on day 8 and no confirmed date for anything.

I cannot understand why my broad was disconnected prior to the completion and dedpite asking every day, no temporary broadband reconnection.

My cameras and security system are in place for a very valid reason, but Talk Talk are happy to leave us feeling vulnerable and unsafe in our own home. Despite all the other reasons we need and rely on an internet signal.

Can the request for a hoist be chased? Rather than just waiting again, for another day?

0 Likes

Message 29 of 39

Hi, There was an update later yesterday afternoon saying that they were again requesting the hoist. I'll check again later for further updates

Chris

0 Likes

Message 30 of 39

No further updates at the moment so I'll check again in the morning 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 31 of 39

OK thanks. There is an open fault with Openreach. The last update was late yesterday afternoon saying that a hoist had been requested. We should receive an update some time today so I'll check back again later

Chris

0 Likes

Message 32 of 39

Power is Green

LAN is Green

PON is Amber

But with it only connected to a power supply and not to a connecting fibre supply, this doesn't suprise me.

Its like have a kettle with no power cable.......

0 Likes

Message 33 of 39

Hi MedicWithAnIssue,

I'm sorry about this, could I just ask which lights are currently on, on the ONT?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 34 of 39

Hi Michelle

I have logged a complaint, which has no proved fruitful in any way, despite speaking with someone from that department today.

A drive by assessment was meant to be carried out prior to installation, but that didn't happen.

An assessment was carried out on the 16th, which highlighted the need for a "cherry picker", advised that would arrive later that day or the following day (17th).

Spoke with Talk Talk over the weekend and despite advising, the exact issue, requiring a fibre cable from the telegraph pole to my property, the call handlers couldn't grasp the idea and constantly wanted to carry out indoor equipment tests. 

In the end one call handler, decided she needed an Engineer to visit and check the indoor equipment.

Monday morning, I got a call from an Engineer, en route to me, asking if I knew what the issue was. He also did a drive by and confirmed, to complete the job, it needed a "cherry picker" to install the fibre cable from the telegraph pole to the property and said he'd call his Manager, to get it sorted, Monday afternoon.

Obviously its not been completed.

This afternoon, whilst at work, I drove past a "cherry picker" installing fibre optic cables, for Talk Talk, not half a mile from my address. I did stop and ask if they were going to my home next, to be advised "maybe, we'll have to speak with our boss".

So we are 6 days in, still no internet access, despite being told I would have no disruption before accepting the contract. My Wife is still  unable to work from home. We have no TV or radio, no heating or lighting controls, but more importantly, no security or camera system.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 35 of 39

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. Did you contact our Future Fibre Team directly since your last post?

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 36 of 39

Chat support is available, @MedicWithAnIssue:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

Direct phone line for Future Fibre:

03451 720074

Check opening hours in the above link.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 37 of 39

Thanks for replying.. its the result I was expecting, although, I did explain, prior to signing up, I couldnt have any down time.

Nobody is available out of hours, for most things that need support, out of hours

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 38 of 39

There is no staff support here at weekends.

It is highly unlikely you will ever get reconnected to copper once disconnected and even if Openreach allow it a new order would (probably) be required.

You'll have to wait for the team with the hoist or a staff member on Monday, whichever comes first.

0 Likes