cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Failed fibre installation/Disconnected broadband

MedicWithAnIssue
Participant
Private Message
Message 39 of 39

Decided to "upgrade" from Broadband to the Future fibre, so on the 16th February, the engineer arrived and completed the works inside, but we was awaiting a cherry picker to safely do the outside works, that day.

At midday my old Broadband connection was cut off and still now, despite 30 odd calls, being bounced from department to department, answering the same questions (security this, check your router that) and I am getting nowhere.

My Wife works from home, all needing an internet connection, day and night.

My alarm and cameras are needing Wifi, my TVs and radio are all needing Wifi, heating needing Wifi and we have nothing.

Makes you realise how much the internet has be come and essential service, like gas or electricity.

**All I need is the Broadband to be reconnected at the local exchange temporarily **

Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Even a UK department number would be helpful.

I'm done with the live chat and Indian call centers.

0 Likes
38 REPLIES 38

Message 1 of 39

Sorry, no further updates but there's a review date set for tomorrow so I'll check again then

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 39

No further updates yet, I'll check again later 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 3 of 39

There was an update little earlier saying the patch manager is arranging the hoist and will let us know when it's booked, I'll check again in the morning for further updates

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 39

There is an update due today but nothing yet so I'll check again later 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 39

I'm really sorry it's taking so long. There was an update on the fault ticket a short time ago saying that they are again chasing the hoist, they've asked us to check back tomorrow

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 39

Hi Chris

How long am I supposed to just sit about and wait?

Getting close to two weeks now and I am expected to just sit and wait for nothing to happen.

All I get is "No updates yet", surely someone can get this moving forward.

It's almost as if it doesn't matter to anyone and I'm just getting fobbed of.

What did the number 10 ticket mean from you mesaage on Friday?

Who and where do I get to speak to someone, who can get this done?

The chatbots are unfortunately, unable to do much and it takes a good hour, at least to even explain the issues.

This community forum, is not  very personal and doesn't help answer this type of issue.

The complaints department are also not helping the problem at all, if feels like I cannot get anyone to appreciate the issue or move it forward.

Why can no-one give me a straight answer? 

The information was all there to get me to sign up, but now, it's like the customer doesn't matter.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 39

There have been no further updates over the weekend so I'll check again later

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 39

Still nothing....

Had to spend £69 on a mobile Wifi router, just to try and have a little normality at home, although I wouldn't recommend them, as they don't work as well as I'd hoped.

Hope for an update Monday

0 Likes

Message 9 of 39

Hopefully you'll hear something over the weekend but I'll check for an update again on Monday

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 39

We live in hope then 🙄

0 Likes

Message 11 of 39

No problem (yes they do generally work weekends)

0 Likes

Message 12 of 39

Thanks for the update Chris

Do you know if OpenReach work weekends?

0 Likes

Message 13 of 39

Sorry, apparently there's nothing that they can do, the Openreach desk agent said I am so sorry , those Engs are allocated for different jobs, and Eng allocation is done by Patch team and It will take 24 working hours minimum to allocated someone, and this job needs Hoist as well (I pointed out that they already have the hoist)

I'm sorry about this, I know it must be really frustrating. I'll check again tomorrow for further updates

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 39

Please.....

It's highly frustrating, as you can imagine

0 Likes

Message 15 of 39

OK, thanks, I'll contact Openreach and find out if they can do anything today

Chris

0 Likes

Message 16 of 39

20230224_125457.jpg

 They were here for a 20 minute job and have now gone......

0 Likes

Message 17 of 39

20230224_125056.jpg

 They also said, if they had the job allocated,  they could complete it today

0 Likes

Message 18 of 39

The two Engineers from OpenReach. They contacted their department for me. 

The checked the "pole register" to confirm the pole is safe and can have the Fibre connection added and that has been okay'd.

They are not even 100yrds from my home

0 Likes

Message 19 of 39

There was an update on the Openreach fault ticket 10 minutes ago saying that they are still awaiting a response about the hoist so a follow up has been sent. Could I ask, who said there is no job raised for your property? 

0 Likes

Message 20 of 39

Chris

There is currently an OpenReach hoist working on next pole in my road, but there is not a job raised for my property ????

What the hell is going on?

0 Likes