cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

No further contact from Open reach ?

essexbloke
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 36 of 36

Hi, our main village pole was knocked down by a car on  Sunday evening, i reported it and Open reach came on Tuesday, declared its a big job and we haven`t seen anyone since, any news please, nobody in the village has internet ?

0 Likes
35 REPLIES 35

Message 1 of 36

That's great news EB, thanks for letting me know 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 36

They were here again today and it's working ok at the moment.

Thanks for your help,

EB

0 Likes

Message 3 of 36
0 Likes

Message 4 of 36

Thank you. 🤞

0 Likes

Message 5 of 36

I've checked the fault ticket, it's still open and 'in hand' with Openreach, I think further work needs to be done. I'll check the ticket again tomorrow for further updates, hopefully it won't be much longer

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 36

Hi Chris,

The openreach guys were here all day and traffic management told me the job is finished but we still have no broadband, I have rebooted the router and it's showing a red light, the socket on the wall is also showing a red centre light

IMG_20230228_144920245.jpg

0 Likes

Message 7 of 36

Hi EB,

Just a quick update, there was an update on the fault ticket yesterday saying that poling are trying to attend today, so hopefully it won't be much longer before the issue is resolved

Chris

Message 8 of 36

Nothing further at the moment, I'll check again later and get back to you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 36

I'll check for an update in the morning

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 36

Thank you, I hope they hurry up.

EB

0 Likes

Message 11 of 36

There's been a further update saying that Poling are trying to attend 28/02/23, awaiting confirmation, they've set a review date for the 27th but I'll continue to monitor and let you know when there are any further updates

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 36

Hi essexbloke,

There should be an update some time today so I'll check again later

Chris

0 Likes

Message 13 of 36

Hi Karl,

We were out yesterday until late, I can't see that anything has been done, it's really past a joke now, people on BT are ok they have been sent ee mobile routers for free, I hope you have better news for us by now ?

Thanks,

Essex bloke.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 36

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

essexbloke
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 36

Thanks for checking Karl, let's hope so, it seems longer than it is tbh, spent a lot on mobile data, it wasn't worth changing our mobile contract because we usually have loads of data left.

Thanks again,

Fingers crossed.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 36

Hi

Estimated date is still set as 22nd so we will check this on 23rd for you.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 36

Hi essexbloke

I'm really sorry about this. This is an estimated date so the fault may be fixed before this date.

I will continue to monitor for any additional updates.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 18 of 36

Wow thanks, that's nuts , I had to buy more mobile data yesterday, was hoping it would be today, I'll pop and tell the older people that don't have mobile phones.

Our phone lines are working so it must just be the fibre, shame the old broadband can't be turned back on.

Thanks Debbie 

0 Likes

Message 19 of 36

Hi essexbloke

I have contacted Openreach for an update on this fault and they have advised that the fault is still in hand with the engineers and that the estimated completion date is now showing as  22/02/23. I'm sorry for the delays.

Message 20 of 36

Morning,

Apologies for the delay and we will re-check this again first thing tomorrow morning.

Thanks

0 Likes