cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Fibre 900 - using own router?

OZVIPER
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

What do I need to do to use my own router, and are there any specific settings which need to be applied?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

The Eero is very limiting and restricts to configuration via a mobile App. They do not have a web interface like a traditional router and configuration options are limited. They are supposedly plug&play for the most part but do not always suit the users needs.

Glad you were able to get your own router configured.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that but thanks for confirming.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

I have managed to use my own router.

I am glad Talktalk offers the option of using your own routers. Unfortunately the eero has been a nightmare to setup, and nothing more than a useless ornament.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 7

Hello,

I'm sorry for the delay. Are you still trying to use your own router?

Thanks

0 Likes

mrwrighty
Enlightened One
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Yes you can use your own router and there should not be any issues. I have used many over the years with TalkTalk ADSL/VDSL and more recently on FTTP. TalkTalk use DHCP on broadband circuits and therefore do not need any form of authentication. The only issue you might have is the value of the VLAN ID which I had to set to zero on my Unifi kit, others have said different values work, but only zero worked for me. Unfortunately its not a value you can get from your TT router as its a hidden unless later firmware updates have made it visible so a bit of experimentation may be required.

Just to add I don't have the Full Fibre 900 service but just an upgrade Full Fibre 65 service on CityFibre, but the same should apply. Even if PPPoE was required the details should be available to you.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

@OZVIPER, neither of your queries got a reply since last weekend. I'll escalate both threads in the hope that you get replies from staff next week. They are not on here at weekends. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes