cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

problems wih installation, can't contact talktalk

jon22
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 30 of 30

I had a talktalk "engineer" come round to install full fibre on thursday, he didn't check the internet was working and just left after plugging the new box and Eero in. After spending over an hour on hold to talktalk I was told that a number of customers migrating from UFO had a problem. Would have been nice to know before they cut off the old service. Well eventually the internet came back on Sunday. Now I realise that the installer didn't leave the phone adapter so I have no phone line. I was supposed to be called this afternoon to discuss my original complaint so I thought fine I will discuss the lack of phone adapter. But I missed the call and have received a text message saying to phone to discuss the complaint, but whenever I phone there is a "very long queue". I don't have time to wait for hours on hold, what can I do to get the phone adapter and talk to someone about the compaint!?!?

0 Likes
29 REPLIES 29

Message 1 of 30

Morning,

Just checking back to see how you're getting on?

Thanks 🙂

0 Likes

Message 2 of 30

Morning,

Thanks for confirming and I'm sorry this took so long. Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 30

thank you, yes it arrived on Friday. I will connect it later today to see if it works.

jon

0 Likes

Message 4 of 30

Morning,

Has the DVA now arrived?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 30

Morning,

I'm sorry again for the delay. My colleague has advised yesterday afternoon that the DVA was being sent next day delivery so this should hopefully arrive today.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 30

No..... nothing 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 30

Morning,

Can I just confirm, has the engineer been in contact since my last post?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 30

Morning,

I'm really sorry about this. I've gone straight back to my escalation contact to find out what is happening and will post back here as soon as I receive an update.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 30

Hi no I have not. I am a bit lost as to what to do now. I have had no phone for 6 weeks and nothing happens whatever I do. It seems like the "support team" people have no connection to talktalk at all, I keep filling in forms and being told to expect an engineer to drop off the DVA but it might as well be random members of the public responding. Maybe it is and it's some complex prank or abstract art.

I can't phone talktalk a) because I have no landline and b) if I do the wait is like 2 hours or something which I don't have time for. How can it be so hard for a telecoms company to provide a telephone line? If my company failed this hard at providing even the fundamentals of its main service we would have gone out of business eons ago. I'll just carry on shouting at the clouds and hope a DVA materialises one day.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 30

Morning,

Can I just confirm, have you received the DVA?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 30

Hello,

I've been advised that the engineer will come back today to provide the digital voice adapter (DVA) I will check back in with you on Monday to see how you're getting on.

Thanks

Message 12 of 30

Morning,

Thanks for confirming and I will post back as soon as I know more.

Thanks

Message 13 of 30

Yes, that is correct, thank you

jon

Message 14 of 30

Hi,

Apologies, I'm just looking into this now. Just to confirm, you currently have an eero, but you've never received a digital voice adapter?

Thanks

Message 15 of 30

ummm no, or I probably wouldn't be posting here. I still don't have a phone line.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 30

Thanks for that, apologies for any inconvenience. Just to confirm, is your service working OK now?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 17 of 30

😖ok Ieast least that worked this time

0 Likes

Message 18 of 30

Hi jon22,

I've sent you a PM with another link to the security questions

Chris

0 Likes

Message 19 of 30

it doesn't work!!!!! this is driving me crazy now. I am done with filling out these forms it's ridiculous. Please can someone phone me I just need to get my phone working. Now it's been going on so long I have been auto-emailed to say my complaint is being closed 

Complaint number: CMP-xxxxxx
Hello j,
We've tried to contact you about the complaint you raised as we want to help put things right. Our records show we haven’t heard from you in the last 28 days, therefore we believe you may no longer need our support and we’ll begin the process to close your complaint. If this is not correct and you still need our help, then please call us on 0345 172 0088 and we will do what we can to fix your issue.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 30

Hi jon22

I have sent you a Private Message.

Thanks

0 Likes