cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

problems wih installation, can't contact talktalk

jon22
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 30 of 30

I had a talktalk "engineer" come round to install full fibre on thursday, he didn't check the internet was working and just left after plugging the new box and Eero in. After spending over an hour on hold to talktalk I was told that a number of customers migrating from UFO had a problem. Would have been nice to know before they cut off the old service. Well eventually the internet came back on Sunday. Now I realise that the installer didn't leave the phone adapter so I have no phone line. I was supposed to be called this afternoon to discuss my original complaint so I thought fine I will discuss the lack of phone adapter. But I missed the call and have received a text message saying to phone to discuss the complaint, but whenever I phone there is a "very long queue". I don't have time to wait for hours on hold, what can I do to get the phone adapter and talk to someone about the compaint!?!?

0 Likes
29 REPLIES 29

Message 21 of 30

OK, I have followed the instructions about getting the password,  please let me know what to do next.

0 Likes

Message 22 of 30

Hi Jon,

Apologies for the delay, I've sent you a PM

Chris

0 Likes

Message 23 of 30

@hybridmedia no problem at all and as it turns out you are correct; after a couple of contacts and asking me to fill in my profile details absolutely nothing has happened to resolve the phone adapter issue. Thankfully the broadband was active after about a week of nothing but I don't think that was anything to do with me contacting talktalk. Please if someone at talktalk looks at these messages can you sort out my missing phone adapter? I have been without a landline for several weeks now.

jon

0 Likes

Message 24 of 30

@ferguson

it was not my intention to hijack this thread on my issue but to assist  another user as I thought this was was  the purpose of this forum.  All my experiences are true if not TalkTalk is welcome to correct me.

Before I started a complaint I wish someone had jumped on my thread and told me what to expect, I would have saved a lot of  time and effort. Hence sharing the experience so others could be aware

OP sorry to have jumped on your thread. I won’t do so again

Message 25 of 30

@hybridmedia 

Please continue on your own topic where I see you have been asked, twice, for a convenient contact time with no response from yourself. Do not let your own animus toward TalkTalk interfere with other people's support. 

hybridmedia
Team Player
Private Message
Message 26 of 30

There is little point in trying to complain, I did so must be 2 months ago,  either you get notifications that some one we’ll call and they don’t, or by chance someone does call they have no idea what you are complaining about, or have you confused with someone else and  say they will need to investigate further or get someone else to call which again leads to silence.   The whole idea of the complaints process is to just string you along till you no longer can be bothered to carry on.  When I first complained I was outraged that TalkTalk cost me over 200 pounds and wanted me to do criminal damage to city fibre property. Now nearly 2 months  later having been strung along still waiting for a response, I  have come to terms that complaints process is just a method to grind you down till you no longer care about your complaint and just give up.

Message 27 of 30

Morning,

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can look into this further. Please do not post any personal information on the Community, reply via PM only.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 28 of 30

thank you, I have added this info.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 29 of 30

Complete your community forum profile details for TT staff to identify your account, @jon22.

Go via your avatar/name; settings. Add your account number  / Talktalk landline number in Personal Information. SAVE CHANGES. 

Staff reply during the day, Monday to Friday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes