cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Full Fibre concerns

Spicebwoy
Participant
Private Message
Message 23 of 23

I received an email from TalkTalk today to say that my current service is being retired and will stop working from the 30th November, and that I am being given a free upgrade to Full fibre. I will be receiving a SMS from TalkTalk to make an engineers visit or to ask for it to be rescheduled.

Called Talk Talk and got a lady in SA who was out of her depth  with my questions.

I have a house alarm on a dialler which would call me via the landline if it were triggered. The lady suggest it will still work fine as phone services will be now routed via Broadband. Is that correct?? I somehow think not.

Will the phone number I currently use on my landline stay the same?

The email does not say what fibre Ill go onto, just says full fibre. I asked the lady at TalkTalk and she couldn't tell me what it would be... I'm currently on Fibre 35. 

And I asked as to what the price would be once my current contract expires and off course not knowing what Full fibre would be offered, she could not answer that either. 

It certainly seems that Talk Talk want this rolled out as the email ends with, you can always find an alternative provider if you dont wish to upgrade. Id appreciate any answers to my questions and also is this a  strong armed tactic of talk talk, and can I stay where I am?

Thank you. 

Spicebwoy
0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22

Message 21 of 23

🙄Thanks mrwrighty ...  Im resigned to this happening, just wish the Talk Talk people at the end of the phone were more informed. Cross fingers it goes without a glitch.. 

Spicebwoy
0 Likes

mrwrighty
Enlightened One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 23

I had a free upgrade from Fibre35 to Full Fibre 65 and my copper service was maintained, however this depends on the FTTP service provider. BT offer VOIP across their network, but as far as I know, City Fibre do not (at least I cannot get VOIP on my City Fibre service).

If its a copper leave behind install then everything should work as currently.

If however you are moved to VOIP you are supplied with an Eero with a VOIP adapter or HUB2 router with a telephone socket in order to enable the VOIP capabilities. But this would make your current internal extensions redundant as there would be no telephone service on the circuit.