cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Full Fibre home handset

markm3
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 2

I had full fibre fitted on Wednesday Feb 8th by an engineer sent by talktalk. The landline didn't work so the engineer said I'd need to wait 24 hours for it to manifest after the new set up. I checked this out with an assistant called Mary on the Talktalk web chat line (which took an hour) ending with a promise all would be okay the following day (after 24 hours). 26 hours later on Thursday - still no landline (no dialling tone). I got onto the Talktalk web chat line and after an hour or so with the new assistant the internet crashed. I rebooted and had to go through the whole process with another assistant (two long hours this time). The conclusion was that my Panasonic handset was no longer compatible with full fibre (this was news to me - it was never once mentioned or inferred when I took out the new 18 month deal). It also transpires that if the internet goes down (or wi fi) or if there's a power cut - so does the phone apparently. This is quite a problem for me on a ESA income as I have no mobile phone. 

I'm still no wiser about which phone I should need to buy? 

Do / can Talktalk recommend which makes (brands) and models are compatible with Full fibre?

Friday and I still have no phone - although having just tried to ring out now - I do get a dialling tone - and then a female voice says " all calls to this number are barred". 

Saturday and after trawling through pages and pages of search's on Google for a home VOIP phone (which I believe is what after) I discover some providers offer some sort of hub the existing phone can plug into? 

Anyone able to explain and advise please? 

I' m perplexed and I still have no way to phone out*

* My income on employment Support Allowance is limited so my budget was for an internet connection and a landline with unlimited calls. My mobile expired some time ago so the landline is rather crucial. I explained this with the Talktalk sales person.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 2

This all depends on which router you were supplied with after the upgrade to Full Fibre. However, you do not need any special phone at all, any working standard landline phone can be used.

If you have the Sagemcom Hub 2,  connect it to the Phone port on the rear of it (initially covered up by tape).

If you have an Eero router and a Grandstream ATA then the same phone will connect to the Grandstream, but this must have gone through its phone registration process.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?