cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Fibre Upgrade

Worsfold
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

I have requested to upgrade to Fibre 65 i am on the basic internet package.I have the router   Fast 5364 Router  The speed i have is 13.4 mps to the router and 10.4 out of the router.When I asked for the upgrade i have to wait till the 28th February for an engineer to come to my property and they said they will send a new router.I dont really know why someone as to come and why should i change my router.I am not a new customer.Please could anybody advice me Regards David

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Thank you for your help

Regards David

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 5

Yes, the phone will now be provided over that fibre cable & hence why you'll need a new router as well.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Worsfold
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Thank you for your reponse.We have just had our Avenue fitted with the Fibre cables .Each telegraph poles now have a fibre cable and there is one outside my house .Does this mean that the ADSL ( Telephone cable ) will not be used even thou i am only having Fibre 65.

David

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

This will presumably be via Fast Fibre (Ful Fibre) which is not self install at all. The engineer will connect your property to the new fibre that I assume is in your street. You do not need a new router, unless you are keeping your landline. If you are keeping it, then this is now provided over the fibre network and your current Sagemcom is not compatible with that. There is a very similar Sagemcom, called the Hub 2, which has a phone port on the rear of it. Alternatively, you might be provided with an Eero router & Granstream ATA for the phone line.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes