cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Trying to leave TalkTalk

kevin58
First Timer
Private Message
Private Message

Message 3 of 3

my contract finished 29th jan was promised fibre which was supposed to have been installed 26th jan but was told after nearly 6weeks waiting it was not available so they cancelled the contract just like that another company gave me the option for fibre which i took i stopped my dd when my contract came to a end but was told that they put me on a rolling contract because i never gave 30 days notice which i did but at same as the offer of the fibre they waited till my contract for the copper line was up to tell me fibre was not a option spent at least 8 hours of text and phone calls but getting past to and fro last call was told to wait for a call within 24 hours still waiting all this stress have told them i have stage four kidney dieses loads of verball sympahy but no resolution was told broadband and fibre departments where entirally seperate and they new nothing about my fibre contract which they cancelled very very stressed out been with the company many years and in my 70 tees what a thank for loyalty

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 3

@kevin58, throughout your contract, you would have received your service at a discounted rate (relative to the headline rate, if you search the forum under "pricing" or read the legal link at the foot of the page). The service could never just suddenly stop at the end of the contracted period, as customers would be left with nothing, regardless of whether or not an upgrade was pending. The precise date for Full Fibre going live is difficult to pin down even in relatively straightforward situations, so there could always be a margin for error. 

When you put in the order for Fibre, that did not amount to the same thing as cancelling your service. Eventually accounting would have been updated to reflect the upgrade.

When that fell through, the default charge for your service would apply unless you simply renewed the older type of package and started a new contract at a better rate.

It might have been possible to haggle at the time, as you were considerably inconvenienced by this, but this is now water under the bridge, as you have left.

As long as you have paid now for the 30 day notice period, you should be fine. It can be unwise to cancel the Direct Debit when leaving, as it can incur charges while final billing is unresolved and also makes it more complicated reclaiming any potential refund.

If you would like staff to look into this for you, please complete your community forum profile details with your Talktalk landline number, as these are still relevant for identifying your account. You need to go via your avatar/name; settings; Personal Information.  SAVE CHANGES. 

Staff reply during the week. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

Noted that you left TalkTalk because TalkTalk was unable to upgrade your broadband service.

Not good for you or TalkTalk. Is there anything else you need advice on?

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes