cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Having a bit of a nightmare with Fibre install!

TMcdiarmid
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 16 of 16

Hi

Hope someone can help, I've been around the live chat in circles and am not getting anywhere.

I have had a few visits from open reach engineers doing to work outside the house, and yesterday was due to have it connected. The engineer came in the afternoon and although I knew he was here I let him get on with it as he was fitting the terminal box outside the house, much to my surprise he then left without finishing the install and didn't seem to ring the doorbell or anything to get my attention!

The problem then came yesterday afternoon as my copper connection was disconnected without the fibre having been completed.. so I am currently without an internet connection. I don't think these typically would get reconnected in the short term?

I've been around in circles with this on the live chat/phone, but all I really want is to get an appointment for an engineer to come back and finish the install! Can someone help me with this please?

Thanks

Tom

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Hi Tom

I'm so glad to hear this 🙂 Thanks for letting me know.

Debbie

0 Likes

TMcdiarmid
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 16

Hi Debbie

yes thanks for your help, all installed and working now.

Thanks

Tom

Message 3 of 16
0 Likes

Message 4 of 16

Hi Tom

Ahh great, that's booked in now.

If you do pop out for 5 minutes I would suggest leaving a little note on the door, if that's ok, just so they know.

I will check in again with you tomorrow after the visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

TMcdiarmid
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 5 of 16

Hi Debbie

Yes thank you, that would be super I am in all day tommorrow apart from a quick school pick up and drop off.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 16

Hi Tom

Would you be available tomorrow 16/05 AM for Openreach to come back out?

Message 7 of 16

Hi Tom

I've chased for an update this morning and I will post back as soon as I receive an update.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 16

Hi Tom

No problem. As soon as they come back to me then I will post back on this thread.

Debbie

0 Likes

TMcdiarmid
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 9 of 16

Thanks for your help Debbie, much appreciated

Message 10 of 16

Hi Tom

Sorry for the delay. This has now been escalated to Openreach and we will let you know as soon as the team come back with another update.

Thanks

Debbie

TMcdiarmid
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 11 of 16

Super, thanks for your help

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 12 of 16

Hi Tom

Thanks for confirming your details. I'm just looking into this further and I will post back as soon as I have additional information.

Debbie

Message 13 of 16

Hi TMcdiarmid

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

TMcdiarmid
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 14 of 16

Yes that is correct, I don't have the ONT box installed yet.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 15 of 16

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, has an ONT box never been installed in your property?

Thanks

0 Likes