cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

House move in progress, wrong package applied to new house, who can I speak to?

Janec12
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

Hi. I'm currently in the process of moving house. The package on our current house was Fibre 150 with Voice, which allowed us to use our old phone number using the VOIP service (instead of the copper landline). This has since been stopped.

The Fibre internet service has been transferred to the new house, but the VOIP service has not. I have the contract details which were sent via email, clearly stating it's Fibre 150 with Voice.

Multiple attempts have been made to use the online chat service to rectify the issue, including posting screenshots of the two contract attachments. These attempts have not been successful.

Could someone please provide advice on how to contact the right person/department to reinstate the VOIP service? The online chat starts off at first-line support, so these people may not have the necessary training/knowledge to deal with this type of issue.

A bit of further info:

There had been some sort of mix-up with the dates, in which the internet in our current house was cut off, and 1 week later it was added to the new house.

Thanks

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hello,

Did you get through to our Home Movers Team since your last post?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

I think switchboards were affected by the global tech crisis, so make allowances for today, @Janec12.

Even engineers couldn't reach Talktalk etc, and calls went round in circles. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

Thanks @Gliwmaeden2 I'll try that number tomorow.

At the end of the previous Chat session I was given a similar number (ending 0074), which is their Customer Loyalty department. At one point I was put on hold and the line went silent so after a good while I called it day.

If there's no success tomorrow I suppose the next step will be to write to a national newspaper and post things on social media. Sometimes a bit of publicity works wonders and really greases the wheels.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

Staff are not back on here before Monday, @Janec12.

Phone support should be open from 9am on Saturday. 

03451 720088 

Chat is Live both days over the weekend, after 9am. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes