cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Longer cable from box to white EERO

Carol54
Private Message TalkTalk
Private Message TalkTalk

Message 3 of 3

From Carol Tranter

email address

*removed for security*

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 3

Hi @Carol54 

If it is the power cable as @ferguson mentioned, I did raise this with eero themselves. I was wondering about using a USB-C extension cable. However, there is a big risk with this, if the internal conductors of the extension cable are not thick enough to carry the current that the eero draws, then they could overheat & potentially catch fire. 

If, however, you mean the cable between the eero & ONT, then you just need to buy yourself a longer Ethernet cable, but make sure that it conforms to a minimum of Cat 6 cable.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

@Carol54 

I have removed your email address from wider view, you should never post information like that in public.

If your eero cable is not sufficiently long to reach from the nearest power socket then I am not aware of any direct solutions. Maybe use an extension cable from the socket? Otherwise, any third-party charger with a USB C connection should do the job. 

0 Likes