cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

EEro router is not getting registered in the app

bishakha
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

Hi, My eero pro 6 router was not working since yesterday morning (solid red LED). I tried to troubleshoot many times (plugging/unplugging, turning on/off), and it did not resolve the issue. My partner manages the eero account and he is abroad in a trip now. Hence, I reset the eero router and dowloaded the eero app to register and connect with my phone. However, I am unable to register this as it says external IP not found. Can you please help me with this?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Billx
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 5

Thanks very much, @Karl-TalkTalk 

Bill

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 5

Hi

For fibre to the cabinet - turning the router off for 30 minutes will clear the session.  For FTTP, you need to power off the ONT as this is essentially the router in the scenario.  Back in the day, with ADSL, a quick reboot of the router would start a new session, but with fibre, the session will remain open for about 20 minutes, so if you turn the router off for a couple of minutes, you are still connecting to the same session.

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Billx
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 5

Hi, @Karl-TalkTalk 

Just a general question.

Sometimes the advice is to turn the ONT off for 30 minutes

and sometimes the advice is to turn the Router off for 30 minutes.

So, one can turn off either?

Thanks

Bill

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

Hi

Line tests are clear but are detecting a connection issue between the ONT and router (EERO).

Can you power off the ONT for 30 minutes as this will clear the session, and try another cable between the ONT and eero in case there is an issue with the cable.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes