cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Eero 6 cannot obtain ip address

jmcixx
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 25 of 25

Hi,

I am currently using the wifi hub for fibre 150 (over City Fibre). I was sent an Eero 6 by Talktalk today however despite trying several times I cannot get past the set-up stage when the Eero is obtaining an ip address. When I re-connect the wifi hub it works fine.

Has anyone found a work around for this or any talktalk staff able to change any necessary settings to enable the Eero to connect to the network?

Also, as the Eero does not have a phone port, could someone advise how I get the digital voice app please?

Cheers

Jim

0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24

Message 1 of 25

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 25

Thanks both. Appreciated. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 25

Hi jmcixx

I'll get a Digital Voice Adapter out to you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 25

Leave it to me.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 25

Hi Keith,

To be honest, this whole process has been a surprise. My Fibre 150 VOIP contract was coming to an end so I contacted Talktalk to renew my contract. That was done and my package is still Fibre 150 VOIP. I wasn't expecting to receive an Eero (when I switched from copper to fibre I was told I would get an Eero but a Wifi Hub 2 was installed instead - I mentioned this to CityFibre - they said it was nothing to do with them).  The Wifi Hub has a phone port so I was able to keep using my landline phone.

So when the Eero arrived I assumed I would still be able to use my landline phone. When I saw there was no port I looked online and saw there was a Digital voice app - but that doesn't work for new customers. 

I didn't know anything about the Grandstream until you kindly mentioned it - I've double checked the box and there is no sign of it.

I assume if it's needed for VOIP I would have been sent one? Or do I need to pay for one myself? Looks like I will need to buy an Ethernet switch to use it with my powerlines.

Thanks

Jim

Cheers

Jim

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 25

Did you order Digital Voice & were you supplied a Grandstream ATA for it?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 25

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 8 of 25

Thank you @KeithFrench and @Karl-TalkTalk . All working fine now although I can no longer use my landline phone which is a shame (I need the other Eero port for my powerline adaptors).

On the plus side, coverage is slightly better than the Wifi Hub 2 therefore I have been able to turn off one of my powerline adaptors.

Thanks again.

Cheers

Jim

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 25

Hi @jmcixx 

You will probably find that both the eero & the hub will work on the new profile. The original profile is needed to support hubs with older firmware on them.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 10 of 25

Hi

OK, No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 11 of 25

Ah - ok. Thanks. The hub is still working so I will swap onto the Eero later and report back.

Thanks

Jim

0 Likes

Message 12 of 25

Hi

The profile has been changed over now.

Usually only takes 5 minutes

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 13 of 25

Hi Keith,

Do you know when this will be implemented? I was hoping it would have been done after 3 yesterday. I need to plan this in with my working day as I rely on broadband to WFH.

Thanks

Jim

0 Likes

Message 14 of 25

Hi

A profile change request has been submitted.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 15 of 25

Hi Karl, 

we are ready to switch to the eero whenever you are ready to update the profile. 

thanks

Jim

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 25

Yes, you just have a Granstream DVA, that takes a standard landline phone & converts it to Ethernet to plug into the eero.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 17 of 25

No - this is the first time. 

Is there an alternative way of retaining my landline number (as there is with the Hub)?

Thanks

Jim

0 Likes

Message 18 of 25

Hi

have you used the app previously.  I do know that the Digital voice app is not available to new customers, and will soon be phased out.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 19 of 25

Thanks. I had read somewhere that I needed to be invited to download it - perhaps out of date info.

Unfortunately, I cannot log in to the app - saying my login credentials are wrong. I've triple checked this - but still no joy. I can log into the TT website no problem and have changed the pwd via the website. Still no joy. I used the app to try to reset my pwd but it did not send the link to my email address.

Can you confirm that the app uses the same credentials as the website?

Thanks again,

Jim

0 Likes

Message 20 of 25

Hi

The TalkTalk digital Voice app is available in the google Play Store and IOS Store.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes