cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Moving to new house - how to tell if it already has fibre to the house?

Kleppy
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

Hi,

We're moving in a couple of weeks and would like to have Talk Talk Full Fibre 150.

How can I find out if the house already has a fibre connection into it, rather than just to the nearest cabinet? The current owners I believe have at least a Talk Talk phone line, not sure about internet.

Thanks 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Good idea, but I've already looked very carefully at video we've got of the front of the house to see if I could spot any boxes, but if they are there they are likely to be hidden by foliage in this case.

Yes, there is a telegraph pole opposite with a wire to the house. However, we have a line into our current house but have FF, so don't think a pole/wire is definitive. 

Message 2 of 7

Have a look at the front of the house and see what type of connection goes into the wall ?

(Obviously no use if still fed by telegraph poles and wires )

Message 3 of 7

We're not expecting it, but would like to see what's currently available and what's possible to set up with the (potentially) least delay. This is really a fact finding mission at the moment. I just wondered whether there was any easy way to find out if FF with TalkTalk is already at the address in which case we'd choose TalkTalk. If not, then that leaves the door open for other providers.

Sadly, the estate agent selling the house has been less than helpful/useful. I might wait until exchange takes place next week *touches all the wood* and try to find out more from the current owners.

Message 4 of 7

@Kleppy 

Are there estate agents involved, can they not at least advise which types of service are available? In reality, expecting broadband ready to go when you move into a different property can be a bit tricky. You are of course free to attempt an order with TalkTalk at the new address and see what happens.

Kleppy
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Thanks for the fast response.

It's not easy to speak to the sellers to find out whether or not they have Full Fibre currently. I think, as you suggest, my first move has to be to talk to TalkTalk directly to see what arrangements can be made to do a new owner change and hope that FF is either already at the address or can be arranged fairly quickly (needed asap for work).

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

A very few houses have a phone line with BT and Broadband with Talktalk. 

The other way around it would be Talktalk landline and Broadband (and TV available as an option) all bundled together. 

Whatever they currently have, you either need to agree a change of ownership and fill in forms, or you need to come to an agreement that their service ceases on a certain date and yours can be ordered as a new customer or as part of a house move arrangement with Talktalk. 

One way or another you need to talk to the sellers, and also to Talktalk. This can't be done through the forum, @Kleppy.

Talktalk contact details:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.