cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Fast 5354 bridge mode

sanders888
Participant
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

Does FAST 5364-3.T8 support bridge mode yet?

And if I does would I be able to connect to a mobile hotspot and have this out out via ethernet?

Thanks!

Sanders
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 4

Simple answer - no.

If your mobile is running as a WiFi hotspot, it is broadcasting out a new network name (SSID) for other devices to connect to. The 5364 would need to act as  a WiFi client to connect, like any other phone or tablet etc to your hotspot. It can only be used, as designed, as an AP (wireless Access Point).

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Hi, thanks for the response. I ask because my FTTP is down, and wondering if in bridge mode I can connect the router to my mobile hotspot and then use the connection as ethernet. I have a device that needs to be wired. I have this hub and and eero 6 extender that I don't use, just wondering what options I have.

Sanders
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

Why do you want to put it into Bridge mode? I ask because most people mistakenly mean Modem mode. When I know what you want to do, I will answer your question & tell you how to configure the 5364, to achieve what you want.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes