cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

No internet service

Wezza1977
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 13

Hi, my internet randomly disconnected a couple of hours ago and hasn't returned. The pon light on the box is flashing and a red light on the eero box. Can anyone with this please?

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi Wezza1977,

Fault ticket is showing engineer dispatched, have you heard anything from Openreach today?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Hi and thanks for helping. Yes the ont box is as the engineer left it so it's ok and secure.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Hi @Wezza1977 

The last engineer completed work on the joint outside but the line test is detecting a potential issue.

The notes from Openreach ask us to check if the cabling is all connected securely at the ONT? The next step will be another engineer visit to the property.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Hi, internet disconnected a couple of hours ago so not sure what's going on. Always at start of the weekend lol my son won't be happy with no online games. Will have to have another inane chat online for another engineer I suppose.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

Good afternoon,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Morning,

Thank you for the update. Please let us know how you get on today. If you don't hear anymore by this afternoon then we can check for an update for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Hi Chris they came out as planned took all day for the engineer to find the fault but was eventually sorted but connection has been flakey since and I've noticed that openreach have been back today and yesterday. I asked him if he was the reason my internet was off again and it was, said they were coming back in the morning to do a splice on the fibre w/e that means. We will see what happens tomorrow.  😕

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Hi Wezza1977,

I can see that an engineer appointment has now been booked, please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 13

I have passed this over to TalkTalk for them to investigate, but that won't be until Monday at the earliest. You might be better with the service centre.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

Now the pon light is solid red....

0 Likes

Wezza1977
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 13

Yeah tried that but still have the same problem.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 13

Try turning off the ONT for 30 mins. Just in case that does not fix it, I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, account number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes