cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

No wan ip address setting up eero6

ChrisW6
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 16 of 16

Hi

ive been trying to setup my eero6 all weekend and been on with support/online chat to no avail. Now got an engineer coming out tomorrow to check the network. Like most searches on here same issue that others have, during the setup of the eero6 get to the stage of no wan ip address found.

seen one post on here where support changed the line profile and this got someone’s working. Is this the issue? Can someone change my line profile? Please 🙏 my wife and I work from home but have no internet 

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Morning,

I'm really glad to hear this and thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

ChrisW6
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 2 of 16

Just to update I’m up and running with my new fibre install. Openreach engineer visited today rang TalkTalk and went through to 2nd line support (am-tram?), said the ONT profile likely needed deleting and a rebuild which they did and magic connection appeared. If others have a similar issue with eero6 not getting WAN IP then this might just work and be worth suggesting to support. Thanks to those in the background who helped 🌟

0 Likes

Message 3 of 16

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've raised this straight over to our Faults Escalation team now and will post back as soon as we receive an update. It's possible that the team may also try and contact you directly.

Thanks

0 Likes

ChrisW6
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 4 of 16

Oh and to top it all off the replacement eero they are sending just had an email saying it’s a one off charge of £89!!! Not a chance if that comes out of my account I want it refunding, at no time did the support person say I’d be charged to get another. Ridiculous service!

0 Likes

ChrisW6
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 5 of 16

Hi yes all boxes Ont and eero have been turned on and off all weekend and today to no avail. Tried two different eero router same no wan ip, connected old (incompatible) router no internet and tried laptop direct to Ont too again no internet. Been on TT phone support for 1 hour 37mins no resolution other than a phone number to contact openreach which when rung states they don’t talk to customers direct and rings off. If openreach engineers were to visit again what will they be able to test that they haven’t already. They say it’s all working and the wan ip is to do with TalkTalk. Going round in circles snd getting no answers. Seen others have had same issue on here but no resolution given. Think if this cannot be solved then it’s cancel contract time!

0 Likes

Message 6 of 16

Hi Chris,

The profile issue is a specific problem on City Fibre circuits, it doesn't apply Openreach circuits. Have you tried switching the ONT off for 30 minutes? If you haven't could you give this a try and let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

ChrisW6
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 7 of 16

No tried don’t get any ip, currently on with support on phone and not getting anywhere. Seen a post where someone called Chris in TT support said he’d made a line profile change for someone who had same issue and that magically worked. Is this a thing? Can this be tried? Eero support suggested the ONT box wasn’t configured correctly (though tested working by engineer today) is there a way to reconfigure the ONT or connect to the eero with a laptop and check/change it’s config?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 16

Hi

If you connect a device. laptop etc direct to the ONT do you have a connection ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

ChrisW6
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 9 of 16

Yes phone number is correct. Order number added

0 Likes

Message 10 of 16

Hi,

Thanks for confirming. Can I just confirm, is the telephone number in your Community Profile correct? Do you have a FTTP order number? If so please can you this to the Private Notes section of your Community Profile. Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

0 Likes

ChrisW6
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 11 of 16

Connection to ONT doesn’t work with eero removed

0 Likes

ChrisW6
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 12 of 16

It was open reach, all lights on green they’ve been this morning and tested and said it’s working 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 16

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, was this installed by Openreach or CityFibre? What lights are currently on the ONT? Does the connection work if you connect directly at the ONT with the eero removed?

Thanks

0 Likes

ChrisW6
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 14 of 16

It still doesn’t work, had engineers out and tested the fibre connections said it’s all working, been on with TalkTalk tech support again, they’ve put me onto eero tech support who said he can’t connect and said it’s configuration of the ONT needs the correct circuit or something please help 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 15 of 16

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this and please let us know how you get on today.

Thanks

0 Likes