cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Possible EERO 6 and Swann CCTV problem.

old_e
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

I have a Swann CCTV/DVR system with 6 cameras and when a camera detects movement I used to get a Push Notification sent from the DVR to a Swann Security app on my phone. I have 3 Eero 6 routers and the DVR is connected via Ethernet cable to one of the secondary Eero 6 units (i.e. not the one connected to the fibre link to the house). In early May this year Push Notifications stopped working (and similarly I had problems with my cloud  dropbox) and I have tried everything I can think of on my DVR and app to get this working again but without success. Does anyone know if there are any known problems with Swann DVR CCTV security systems connecting to Eero 6 routers - or more to the point, problems with push notifications as the DVR can otherwise communicate through Eero; e.g. send emails? The 3 Eero 6 routers have been in place for over a year and prior to May Push Notifications did work albeit with occasional interruptions. Thank you.

Ian
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi StevieRNI,

If you need assistance can you please start your own thread and we'll be happy to help

Chris

0 Likes

StevieRNI
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 9

Hi all, just to add my 2 cents to this issue. My father recently upgraded his Talk Talk broadband to the eero 6. We both have Swann security systems. Since his upgrade he is no longer receiving push notifications.  I've been through all the settings and there is no issue with the Swann DVR. I swapped his DVR out with mine and notifications came through to his swann account. The problem is 100% with the Talk Talk router. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Michelle, after a number of months of trying to resolve this Swann have declared that my DVR is faulty. Thay agreed to replace it under warranty but have not covered themselves in glory as, after I returned the faulty one, they sent me a replacement but, they have not sent me a new one. I cannot use the used replacement as it is wanting me to type in the password used by the previous owner so I am locked out. Not Good!  Ian.

Ian
0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Hi,

Thanks for confirming and please let us know how you get on. It's possible that one of our members may be able to make some further suggestions over the next few days.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Thanks Michelle. Yes I have been in contact with Swann security technicians for a number of weeks now and spent a lot of time on this. So far they have been unable to find a solution. That was why I contacted this forum on the off chance that someone might have had a similar problem perhaps related to Eero routers. The configs on my DVR and also on the app all seem good so that left the router as a possible problem. I shall await an escalation within Swann Security to see if I can get a resolution.

Thanks,

Ian.

Ian
0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hello,

Ok thanks for confirming. Just to confirm, have you been in contact with the CCTV manufacturer directly as could it be possible that they have released or pushed a new update that may have caused an issue or that a new software update is required maybe?

It's unlikely that eero would prevent you from receiving push notification, especially when this was working previously. 

Thanks

0 Likes

old_e
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 7 of 9

Hi. I have not tried connecting the DVR to the first (primary) Eero. I could not in fact do that as the DVR is located away from the first Eero and, more importantly, the 6 cameras terminate by the DVR, so even if I could move the DVR it would then have no cameras connected to it so would serve no purpose. By the way, when I first set up the Eero network I had to Add a Reservation for the DVR that allowed Port Forwarding for ports 554, 9000 and 85.

Ian.

Ian
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Good afternoon,

Thanks for your post. Does this also happen if you connect directly at the first eero?

Thanks

0 Likes