cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Red light on Eero

johnny95
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 16

Hi,

I had full fibre 150 with voice installed a week ago (02/10/24) it was fine up until yesterday. The red light on the Eero came on 4 times throughout the day yesterday. The Eero then took between 2 and 10 mins to come back on. 

I’ve updated the Eero to the latest software and power cycled it several times. However this morning the red light has happened twice already. So I have switched the Eero off for 20 minutes and taken the ethernet cable out from the Eero and ONT. I’ve now reconnected it and it’s back on. Everything is ok now but I’ll monitor it. 

I’ve taken a photo of the Eero and ONT. The lights on the ONT are all green including the PON but the Eero was red. So that suggests it’s the Eero? I don’t think it’s the internet connection but what does it look like from your end?

IMG_0646.jpeg

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

My connection is still good at the moment. So hopefully it stays on now. Ok I'll ask on live chat about the refund.

Cheers,

John.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 16

Hi,

Ok, I'd recommend Live Chatting our team again to check this as I believe it can take a few days for a credit to show in My Account but they will be able to confirm this for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 3 of 16

It’s on my bill and has been taken out via direct debit. I can’t find transaction history.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 16

Hi John,

Thank you for the update. In regards to the engineer charge/refund. Does it show in your My Account under transaction history?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 5 of 16

Hi Michelle,

I did a hard reset on the Eero but it didn’t solve the issue. I also tried a different Eero which worked for 5 mins then went red. So it’s not a router issue. I also rebooted the ONT but this didn’t work either.

So I went on live chat last night and they have identified a problem with OpenReach. They said it should be resolved in the next couple of days. It’s working at the moment but I’m not sure how long for. So I guess I’ll have to wait and see. I should be getting a text when the work starts and ends. 

Just on a different note I was charged £75 for an engineer visit on 11/09/24. I went on live chat last week and they said I should be getting a refund as the fault was found outside of the property. I haven’t heard anything yet. Please can you find out what’s happening with this?

cheers,

John.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 16

Morning johnny,

I've re-run the line test now and it's still detecting the same issue. Has the red light reappeared since your last post?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 7 of 16

Ok thanks. I'll speak to you again in the morning 🙂

Michelle

Message 8 of 16

Ok cheers. My speed is great 150 Mbps down and 29 Mbps up. 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

Hi,

I've run a test on the line now which has detected an existing network event which may be an outage. I'll check this again in the morning to see if this has been cleared and will post an update back here.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 10 of 16

Ok cheers, Michelle. I left the Eero off for 20 mins and disconnected the Ethernet cables the last time it went red. So hopefully this has made a difference, but if it does go red again I’ll try the reset. Just to confirm does everything look ok at your end?   

0 Likes

Message 11 of 16

Hi,

Ah ok brilliant. The next time that this happens could you try the eero reset please. I've included a Help Guide below which has a video on how to reset the eero by either a soft or hard reset. A hard reset will mean that you will need to re-set the eero back up in the app again but the video shows how to do this. The video is towards the bottom of the guide under 'resetting your eero'.

Setting up your eero | Full Fibre | TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 12 of 16

No there isn’t. I’ve attached another photo. 

IMG_0645.jpeg
0 Likes

Message 13 of 16

Hi,

Can I just confirm, in your photo is there a LOS light on the ONT box? (I tried to zoom in but couldn't make out the letters)

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 14 of 16

Hi Michelle,

Do you mean a hard reset? I haven’t done that but does this mean I would have to set it up in the app again?

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 15 of 16

Hi johnny,

I'm sorry to hear this. If the lights are ok on the ONT when this happens then it suggests it's maybe an issue with the eero. Can I just check, have you also reset the eero?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes