cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Sagemcom admin password has been changed - in the last couple of days?

Kahawi
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 2 of 2

At some time in the last week(?) the admin password on my router has been changed, it is not the password I have setup, nor is it the 'default' password on the router's label

If I blow it back to factory default, will I loose my voice login details, but what if this is a talk-talk soft/firmware upgrade and I never gain control of the box?

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 2

The only way that your admin password can be changed, apart from by yourself, is if it has been changed by someone who has access (with or without your permission) to your router's Wi-Fi or Ethernet. Not knowing which package you have, I cannot yet comment on your VoIP configuration in your Sagemcom Hub 2 (5464).

If you reset the configuration, unless the router is faulty in some way, which is unlikely, it will revert to the password on the rear of the router. Once done, I would also recommend changing the wireless password to a stronger one as well, in case this has been done by someone who should have access to your router.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes