cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Speed running low for having full

Scotty71
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

Please help my speed is always around 316 mbps, unless I restart my eero I should be getting at least double and I signed up to 900 and paying a lot more than before, please help rectify, I should not be paying more money for the same, otherwise I will go to my previous 500. The solution should not be restarting my router every day, even if I did this, it only last for two hours. 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 4

Morning Scotty,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

One of the problems with the Fibre 900 service, is that if you want to see anything like that speed on your WiFi devices, they must be capable of establishing a link speed greater than 900M, which means high-spec cards. The signal quality comes into play, consisting of signal strength & WiFi interference. @Michelle-TalkTalk has asked you how many Eeros you have, as that may affect the signal strength. Then the slightest WiFi interference will slow things down. This might be the issue in your case, as you say that it improves if you power cycle your Eero. I can help a lot with all Wi-Fi reception issues if you want.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi Scotty,

I'm sorry to hear this. How many eeros do you have please? Do you see the same drop in speed on all devices? If you run the speed test closer to the eero is the speed the same?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes